Honda Odyssey Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Quick question. I have noticed at the College Hlls Honda site that there are no build dates for any NAVs in the next 2 months. When I ordered my RRP-NAV two days ago my dealer here in Utah informed me that I was looking at a January deliver date. Is it true that no NAVs will be built before then?
Also, what is the chance that my Ody is going to roll off of the new U.S. plant in stead of Canada? Is there a way I can specify which plant I want to take delivery from? (Long shot I know).

Thanks.

------------------
Waiting for 02' RRP-NAV

·
Registered
234 Posts
I picked up my 2002 NAV a week and a half ago.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Unless you've ordered from College Hills Honda, I wouldn't compare what you've ordered to what they've ordered (or have in stock).

Back when the 2002 model info was released, their lists did not have any Starlight Silver models coming in for 2 months. Someone here mentioned that, and speculated that SS models wouldn't immediately come off the line. I was concerned because I had an SS on order at my dealer in Maryland, but my Ody was the 3rd 2002 that arrived at the dealer, and it was exactly what I had ordered.

Keep pressing your dealer for information (build/shipping date, VIN...).

As for which plant you Ody will come from I don't think there is a way to tell yet. The new plant in Alabama is/was supposed to start production some time in November.

·
Registered
564 Posts
Well, my EXL NAV was supposed to be here next week (I was told when I ordered in August). Yesterday I was told "maybe in November." Ahhhh the horror!

This is ticking me off because I will be car-less with a baby in a week.

------------------
-= Darell =-
2002 Ody EXL-Nav (TW) ordered
2001 Civic EX

·
Registered
92 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Kelsic:
Quick question. I have noticed at the College Hlls Honda site that there are no build dates for any NAVs in the next 2 months. When I ordered my RRP-NAV two days ago my dealer here in Utah informed me that I was looking at a January deliver date. Is it true that no NAVs will be built before then?
</font>
Our GG EXL Nav is supposed to be built around 10/16 and at the dealership around 10/28, so I don't think that they are not building any. It may just be that January is the time frame based on your order date, where you are on the waiting list and that dealer's allocation. We ordered our van in early August.

------------------

'66 Mustang convertible (former, pre-mommy life)
'99 CSS EX (gone but not forgotten)
'01 GG EX (Humpty Dumpty - you know the story)
'02 GG EXL NAV (Under construction)

...come over the hill Carolina. Devils & Deacs
stand in line...

·
Registered
92 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by darelldd:
Well, my EXL NAV was supposed to be here next week (I was told when I ordered in August). Yesterday I was told "maybe in November." Ahhhh the horror!

This is ticking me off because I will be car-less with a baby in a week.

</font>

Tough break Darell. Did they give you a reason?

------------------

'66 Mustang convertible (former, pre-mommy life)
'99 CSS EX (gone but not forgotten)
'01 GG EX (Humpty Dumpty - you know the story)
'02 GG EXL NAV (Under construction)

...come over the hill Carolina. Devils & Deacs
stand in line...

·
Registered
564 Posts
Well, they gave me a reason, but they might as well not have. I think the official word was: "Honda told us they were delivering late."

I'm currently working on powering my daughter's stroller.

------------------
-= Darell =-
2001 Civic EX

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks everyone for the feedback. I will have to press my dealer into giving me more specifics. It seems like they prefer keeping me in the dark. Anyway, I'll press on. Thanks.

------------------
Waiting for 02' RRP-NAV

·
Registered
92 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Kelsic:
Thanks everyone for the feedback. I will have to press my dealer into giving me more specifics. It seems like they prefer keeping me in the dark. Anyway, I'll press on. Thanks.

</font>
Yeah, they like to do that. You could always call some other dealers, like you're shopping and see what they say. Or maybe Honda directly. Good luck. Be the squeaky wheel.

·
Registered
92 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by darelldd:
Well, they gave me a reason, but they might as well not have. I think the official word was: "Honda told us they were delivering late." </font>
That's bad news... I better call my dealer and see if we're still on track.

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2"> I'm currently working on powering my daughter's stroller.
Yes, but does she want the RES or the Nav system?

G

·
I feel your pain Darell.

Dealer gave us build date of last Tuesday, which puts arrival in Cal. at today, so I'm hoping it's here next week. Dealer said end of October.

What do you guys think?

And, just to reiterate my point, we've been first on the friggin' list since March!

Michelle

------------------

Phoenix (gone, but not forgotten) & Belle (aka Belzebub)

[This message has been edited by poodleluvr (edited 09-26-2001).]

·
Registered
157 Posts
I've been told that they are building my MB EXL NAV this week for delivery between 10/5-15. No VIN yet!! They did tell me that Honda "messed" up my original order and sent them instead a vehicle that they did not want. They claimed to have pulled some strings with their regional Honda rep to get my van into the build que sooner. I'm sure they only did this because I've been bugging them 1-2 times a week about various details (pricing / delivery /iVES / fogs on 2002's / Honda care pricing / etc) since I placed my order in early August. Squeeky wheel? Maybe. I'll believe the delivery date when I see it. Now I only have 2 - 3 wks to sell my 96 Dodge!

------------------
Future Owner '02 MB EXL NAV
Current Owner '96 R Dodge GC ES

·
Registered
564 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by poodleluvr:
I feel your pain Darell.

... we've been first on the friggin' list since March!

</font>
Yeah, I'm there with you. I've been "first on the NAV list" since August. Funny that the owner of the dealership is now driving a TW EXL NAV as we speak...

------------------
-= Darell =-
2001 Civic EX

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Man314:
I've been told that they are building my MB EXL NAV this week for delivery between 10/5-15. No VIN yet!!</font>
It's my understanding that VINs are available only after the car is built. Is this correct?

Regards,

------------------
Maugham

"I plan to live forever. So far, so good"
'02 RP EX-L due 10/17
'85 Prelude that we'll keep!
'01 Ninja folding aluminum scooter
'00 New Balance model 658 shoes

·
Registered
564 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Man314:
They claimed to have pulled some strings with their regional Honda rep to get my van into the build que sooner.</font>
Oh man - here's the bad news - those were pretty much the same words used for my situation. They told me "sometime in November" and it will only be THAT early since they pulled all these strings for me, and called in favors. Come on!

------------------
-= Darell =-
2001 Civic EX

·
Registered
234 Posts
I feel fortunate that our 2002 came in. (picked it up on 9/19) I can tell you that the dealer is as frustrated as we are. My dealer has over 20 ody's on order, and they get random changes from Honda on a weekly basis. They don't know what to tell their customers. The allocation of colors, and Nav, and leather, and RES changes on them without any reason. This dealer is selling them at MSRP with no pressure for addons, and no dealer prep, so they have no reason to sell to a higher bidder. Being in sales, I would hate to be in their position. Having a product that out strips demand, and no way to provide their customers with acurate information.

·
Registered
564 Posts
I don't feel TOO bad for them. Seeing as how they "earn" the entire invoice-MSRP spread without having to do much actual "selling." I'm sure it is frustrating for them though, you're right.

I try to be fair by evenly spreading my disgruntlement (is that a word?) between Honda and the dealer.

------------------
-= Darell =-
2002 Ody EXL-Nav (TW) ordered, but apparently never coming.
2001 Civic EX

·
Registered
329 Posts
I agree Darell, I don't feel TOO sorry for them either.

I was calling my dealer about every week and a half or so to get info, which they never seemed to have. Right before it actually came in I called them again, and he said that it had shipped the week prior. When I asked him if he had a VIN, he said "Sure, do you want it?". Geez, I had only been asking for it non-stop for a month!

In my experience, it seemed like they either legitimately didn't have information, or were unwilling to disclose it. The fact that the owner of that dealership is driving around in the exact Ody you ordered seems a little suspicious to me.

By the way, love you new signature!

·
Registered
564 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by cmmeyers:
IBy the way, love you new signature!</font>
Yeah, I realized it was easier than typing it manually each time I posted

It's just nuts. Here I thought I had a week to go, and now it looks like six. Grrr... I mean, my list of mods is piling up!

------------------
-= Darell =-
2002 Ody EXL-Nav (TW) ordered, but apparently never coming.
2001 Civic EX

G

·
I think I'm gonna have to follow suit, cuz our van is never coming in either!

We ordered from the same dealer as LHOdy, but the dealer has no clue if our van even exists yet! Shoooooooooooooooooooooot.

Michelle

------------------

Phoenix ~i~ & Belle (aka Belzebub)
Click here to see my site!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts