Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I thought I had read something about modifying your NAV unit so that it can play DVD movies. I wanted to find out more info on what is involved and the cost for modification. I also wonder about warranty issues if I were to have a problem with NAV unit.

·
1,484 Posts
Here is the gist of it. It involves...

- Cutting/Spliceing/Soldering wires from the NAVI unit
- Purchasing the Pioneer AVC-RGB1 video decoder ($100-150). Note: Extremely difficult to find these days
- Having a way to input AUX sound into stock headunit. Either an RF Modulator or various other ways ($100-$200)
- Labor cost depends on who does it. If it's yourself then next to nothing but if it's a shop then its considerably more.

As for warranty concerns. There is a good chance the dealers can refuse service and/or replacments of NAVI parts if they discover it has been tampered with or (even worse) was the cause of the malfunction. I guess it's up to you if you are up to deal with that sort of stuff.

-Nestor

------------------

2000 CCS EX-NAVI

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by nemogira:
Here is the gist of it. It involves...

- Cutting/Spliceing/Soldering wires from the NAVI unit
- Purchasing the Pioneer AVC-RGB1 video decoder ($100-150). Note: Extremely difficult to find these days
- Having a way to input AUX sound into stock headunit. Either an RF Modulator or various other ways ($100-$200)
- Labor cost depends on who does it. If it's yourself then next to nothing but if it's a shop then its considerably more.

As for warranty concerns. There is a good chance the dealers can refuse service and/or replacments of NAVI parts if they discover it has been tampered with or (even worse) was the cause of the malfunction. I guess it's up to you if you are up to deal with that sort of stuff.

-Nestor

</font>
Hi Nestor,
Thanks for the info. I think I will probably pass on idea. I was hoping that could have both with minimal modification, but I didn't know that sound was an issue, too. I just assumed if the the voice worked with navigation DVD that the sound from DVD movie would also work. Thanks again.
Jeff

1 - 6 of 6 Posts