Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So now that we've had it for a few days, we are playing around with settings and voice control and all that other good stuff...is there an easier way to enter in nav destinations. It's a bit of a PITA dialing in or speaking each letter. Anyone else fnd this annoying?

Also, I was under the impresion that the touring model came with footwell lighting. Am i wrong?:huh:

·
Registered
739 Posts
Read around- footwell lighting is so flimsy, can't see it.

Have discovered with the NAV that going by category is the only way to go. It's no Garmin, but got used to it quickly. Can learn the voice commands for the alphabet too, may be worth it. The NAV is going to take a very long time to get used to how to use, but then hopefully the van is with you for a long time.

·
Registered
687 Posts
The Touring does come with ambient foot lighting. However, many people have complained of how dim the lights are and that it's like they're not even there. There are several threads about upgrading these lights.

For known destinations, one way to set them in the NAV, is to scroll the map (using the jog dial) to where you want to go. Then you can click on an icon (i.e. restaurant, store) or street and save or set that as your destination. For unknown destinations, you have to do a search. As this is not a touch screen system, you'll have to manually enter (using jog dial) or voice in your search parameters. The merits of a touch screen versus a jog dial/voice system is well debated.

:redface:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Touring does come with lights under dash, remove them and drill small hole in tinted cover over them and reinstall, much brighter

1 - 4 of 4 Posts