Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, my wife and I just purchased an '07 EX-L with NAV and RES and have already begun noticing issues with the system. BOO!!

The first issue we noticed about a week after purchasing was that occasionally, the NAV screen would automatically switch to the audio setup screen and begin adjusting bass or trebel levels on its own! Creepy!

A few days later, we began to get the "DVD Disc reading error, please consult dealer" message on the NAV screen. (sometimes this would occur subsequently after starting the vehicle, other times it would happenn when switching between the map and audio screens)

Now, to add insult to injury, my steering wheel audio controls quit working today.

WAIT, here's the best part! My NAV has truely devoloped a mind of its own, and has begun randomly scrolling between all audio sources!! I mean, it will switch from XM1, AM, DVD, AUX.....and just keeps going and going without the user (me) pressing any button. Here's the kicker, I noticed today (because it was raining and kind of dark) that when I turned on my headlights, the NAV screen began it's source cycling. If I turned the headlights off, it would immediately stop!!!

So let's recap, NAV screen periodically giving disc read error, began source cycling on its own, headlight switch seems to short the radio and cause source cycling, steering wheel audio controls quit! Did I mention I've only owned this van for a WEEK!!! :nothappy:

WTH is going on here!?!?! Someone help!!!!

·
Registered
333 Posts
I don't think you're going to get a spot on answer on the forum about what sounds like an electrical issue. At first I was thinking that maybe the steering controls are stuck somehow causing the source switching but the headlight trick really makes it interesting. I can tell you that a weak battery can wreak havoc on systems so I would look into that. Also a weak or bad ground. Keep us updated.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The dealer is basically telling me "it's a used car, good luck"....so that's not great! Should have bought from a Honda dealership I'm thinking now!

Tonight I took the fuse for the radio out and let it set for about 20 minutes and after rebooting and inserting code the problems seem to have gone away.....at least for now anyways. I'm sure an issue like this will be recurring as it sounds like it might be an issue with the unit itself. Still not entirely sure why turning the headlights on affects it though.

Looks like I'll probably be making a trip to the Honda house.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts