Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have any 'recent' or updated info on changing the NAV startup screen image or the likes? Most items (acura related) and from when this poped up, is way old - Anyone with an 05/06 Odyssey done this lately or have info on it?

Thanks
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
vstk2 said:
Does anyone have any 'recent' or updated info on changing the NAV startup screen image or the likes? Most items (acura related) and from when this poped up, is way old - Anyone with an 05/06 Odyssey done this lately or have info on it?

Thanks
Bump - or a reference to exact info that'll work for 4.13c an 06 ody?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3 Posts
vstk2 said:
Does anyone have any 'recent' or updated info on changing the NAV startup screen image or the likes? Most items (acura related) and from when this poped up, is way old - Anyone with an 05/06 Odyssey done this lately or have info on it?

Thanks
I just did this today infact!

I will be posting a detailed page with how to on my site sometime this next week.

I have an '05... I followed the Acura directions floating around but it was different file names, slightly different screen steps, and the image file you use is in a different format then what they were saying to use.

Here is a photo: http://img.errorik.com/2006/06/02/Honda-Odyssey-NavHack-01.jpg

I will post a URL to the how to in this thread when it's ready.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
70 Posts
im trying this now. so far from what i have read the best you can do is change the nag screen text and the welcome image. i will be doing both
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3 Posts
How did you get this to work?
I also have a 2005 EX-L with Navi V4.13C. I used the new Bysin.exe and tryed to update SHJA2.bin but it said: "Unable to find back.bmp on BIN"
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
30 Posts
For an 06 Ody with Navi DVD version 4.31:

The file you need to modify is 05Touch2.bin. Not 06Touch2.bin.

The startup screen bitmap file you want to replace is Opening1.bmp. Not back.bmp.

hcvt.exe converts a 480x234x24-bit bitmap to a 16-bit bitmap of the required 224,712 bytes. Available as hcvt.zip from http://stevemg.sc30.info/hcvt/
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,188 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
6 Posts
sejong said:
For an 06 Ody with Navi DVD version 4.31:

The file you need to modify is 05Touch2.bin. Not 06Touch2.bin.

The startup screen bitmap file you want to replace is Opening1.bmp. Not back.bmp.

hcvt.exe converts a 480x234x24-bit bitmap to a 16-bit bitmap of the required 224,712 bytes. Available as hcvt.zip from http://stevemg.sc30.info/hcvt/
My problem was burning the media. I could never get it to recognize a cd/dvd/dvd-dl with just the original files. Any updates?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,188 Posts
sejong said:
For an 06 Ody with Navi DVD version 4.31:

The file you need to modify is 05Touch2.bin. Not 06Touch2.bin.

The startup screen bitmap file you want to replace is Opening1.bmp. Not back.bmp.

hcvt.exe converts a 480x234x24-bit bitmap to a 16-bit bitmap of the required 224,712 bytes. Available as hcvt.zip from http://stevemg.sc30.info/hcvt/
OK, so I'm attempting this on my own, following the steps on the Acura thread but using the file names you've provided.

I've encountered two problems:

1. hcvt converts the file to a format that dumpnavi will not accept. So I converted it to the specs in the Acura thread 8-bit, 173 colours, etc., but then....

2. ...dumpnavi crashes on my computer when I try to extract the files. This is using both the command line and gui versions.

I think that second problem is going to be a killer for me, unless there is some other version of dumpnavi that will work on my computer. I'm going to keep trying, but I'm not hopeful.

My navi came with two map DVDs. Does it matter which one you get the bin files from?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,188 Posts
sejong said:
Instead of dumpnavi.exe, try using cebin.exe (available from http://home.earthlink.net/~akonshin/files/cebin.zip), and use hcvt.exe to convert your 24-bit BMP to 16-bit. Make sure the filesize of your 16-bit BMP is 224,712 bytes.

If the BIN files are the same on both DVD's, I don't think it matters; if not, use the DVD that has 05Touch2.BIN.
Thank you! That helps. I used cebin to replace Opening1.bmp and the image file size created by hcvt.exe was exactly the same.

My problem now is the same as plee's: the nav system won't read the disc.

I've tried a DVD burned with Nero. I've tried a TDK CD-R burned with Nero. I've tried using Nero to make an ISO image and burned it to the CD-R using PowerISO and I get the same result:

After pressing the "download" button on the screen, the nav tries to read the disc, but after about 30 seconds, a screen that says "Please check your disc" comes on and the system is frozen. When it is repowered, everything is back to the way it was.

At least I'm one step closer than I was :).
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6 Posts
Stargazer said:
Thank you! That helps. I used cebin to replace Opening1.bmp and the image file size created by hcvt.exe was exactly the same.

My problem now is the same as plee's: the nav system won't read the disc.

I've tried a DVD burned with Nero. I've tried a TDK CD-R burned with Nero. I've tried using Nero to make an ISO image and burned it to the CD-R using PowerISO and I get the same result:

After pressing the "download" button on the screen, the nav tries to read the disc, but after about 30 seconds, a screen that says "Please check your disc" comes on and the system is frozen. When it is repowered, everything is back to the way it was.

At least I'm one step closer than I was :).
Atleast I'm not alone now ;)

I've tried different media, cd-r/dvd-r/dvd+r dl nothing.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
30 Posts
I don't think media is the problem. I used CD -R media, and it worked fine. I had the exact same "Please check your disk" message until I got all the files right. In addition to the modified 05Touch2.BIN, you need to burn copies of the following files to your CD -R. All these files are on the original Navi white DVD.

A0000_00.MNG
DCA0.REG
PRG_INFO.MNG
UPDATE_APL.exe
05Touch.BIN
06Touch.BIN
06Touch2.BIN

I'm not sure that the last 3 BIN files are needed, but that's what I used.

If that doesn't work, you could try using 06Touch2.BIN as the BIN that you modify to replace Opening1.BMP.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,188 Posts
Ah, that makes sense. I was just burning the 9 bin files back to disk. I'll look for those other files tonight and give it a try.

Thanks!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,188 Posts
Success!!! :rockon:



Thanks so much to sejong for walking me through this. I couldn't have done this without your help :bow: .

I'll try to summarize the steps I took and post them up.
 
1 - 20 of 66 Posts
Top