Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got back from our cross-country trip from MN to TX in our 3 wk old SS EX-L NAVI with the Honda iVES system installed. It was the quietest trip we ever had with the 4 kids (ages 3-9). We were driving from Arlington, TX to Allen, TX north of Dallas to my sister's, when I called her on her cell phone and she told me her car had broken down. She just moved there 5 days earlier and was lost. She gave me what she thought were the closest cross streets because there wasn't a sign near her. She told me Custard and Canyon and when I put it into the NAVI it showed an intersection of Custer Rd. and Canyon Trails in Plano, TX which was 14 miles away from where were on the highway. It directed us right to her perfectly. I couldn't believe it when we made the turn and there she was. I love this car!

The only trouble we had was that when on a steep incline with the car in Drive, when we let up on the brake- the car backed up a good 6 inches before getting into forward motion. It scared us because a car was very close behind us and we almost rolled into it. This happened one other time too. Any ideas?

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
Rolling backward on a steep incline is normal for any car with an automatic transmission. The alternative would be a higher idle speed which would cause more creep on level ground.

You should be able to anticipate this and hold your position by applying the brake lightly with your left foot while applying power. (At least you don't have to worry about slipping the clutch while you start up.)

Mel

1 - 2 of 2 Posts