Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I love the Nav system in my 2001 Odyssey. But the other day it suggested a very strange routing.

Sometimes I will have the NAV set up a route when driving around my home town area, even though I know the area well. The other day I was driving along a highway when the chime sounded indicating that I was off route. I was puzzled as I KNEW I was on the correct route. I looked at the display and saw that the NAV had wanted me to get off the highway at the last exit. It had wanted me to exit, drive about 1/2 mile down a road, make a U-turn, drive back to the highway, and get right back on going the same direction! HUH?

Local knowledge of the streets/roads in an area is sometimes needed to get the best route. The system is great, but often I will know better routes that what NAV will suggest.

------------------

2001 EX-NAVI, SS
1997 Accord EX-L, Forest Green
Previous Hondas:
1992 Accord EX, White
1982 Accord DX, Silver

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Steve Pert:
...the NAV had wanted me to get off the highway at the last exit. It had wanted me to exit, drive about 1/2 mile down a road, make a U-turn, drive back to the highway, and get right back on going the same direction! HUH?</font>
Maybe your NAV saw a cute Ody parked on the shoulder and it wanted a second look?

<center>
</center>

·
Registered
368 Posts
Every now and then our navi unit seems to go nuts and give us impossible directions to follow. It usually gets itself straightened out within a few minutes. Its happened about four times in the past year.

·
Registered
255 Posts
You have to use a little common sense when relying on the navigation unit and not accept its routing directions 100% of the time without at least considering other options. Having just returned from the Cotton Bowl last week, however, a trip where we relied heavily on the nav unit, I can say without hesitation I'd rather have one than not. Oh...did I mention that OU beat Arkansas?

·
Registered
585 Posts
Yeah yeah, OU beat AK...but barely! Considering AK wasn't even ranked....well you get the pic.

Go SEC! Woohoo! We put the body slam on the Big 10.

- TN over Mich
- LSU over Ill
- SC over Ohio State
- Florida over Maryland

Too bad about AK and Auburn, but I think AK played a good game; at least it wasn't a blow out.

In regards to the NAVI, I have noticed some weirdness in recent months as well (notably after the 'noise' was reintroduced after 911) but the oddest thing was when I was in Springfield, IL trying to get to the interstate after leaving a friend's house in the middle of (literally) a cornfield and it took me to a dead end street about 50 yards shy of the Interstate. I had to backtrack and find my way out of that one.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts