Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
1,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can someone please find a little harness with a single Blue/White wire going into it? It's somewhere around the battery area. Either under or behind (maybe?). This might be the key to my VSP dilemma.

Thanks in advance,
-Nestor

------------------

2000 CCS EX-NAVI

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
Sorry, Nestor, but I couldn't find anything although I didn't remove the battery. I did look as well as I could at the back and under the battery with a mirror. Because of fog lights and ECT mirror, etc., I have a number of additional harnesses all routed around the battery, but no single blue wire.

------------------
Chuck
Click here for Ody pics, mods and fixes on FotoTime.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I think I found the sensor. The connector is on the back of the transmission. It has three wires on it, a blu/wht, a blk/yel, and a blk. There is a view of it (155) on page 201-25 in the Electrical Troubleshooting manual (just in case you didn't know that already, but the view is a bit misleading. I found it a bit further to the left (from the front)(towards the passenger side) by a few inches. There are two hoses running above it. I wonder if non-navi versions would have the sensor.

Let me know if that helped.

Eric

------------------
2000 GG EX-Navi

·
1,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by ericVic:
I think I found the sensor. The connector is on the back of the transmission. It has three wires on it, a blu/wht, a blk/yel, and a blk. There is a view of it (155) on page 201-25 in the Electrical Troubleshooting manual (just in case you didn't know that already, but the view is a bit misleading. I found it a bit further to the left (from the front)(towards the passenger side) by a few inches. There are two hoses running above it. I wonder if non-navi versions would have the sensor.

Let me know if that helped.

Eric

</font>
I think you found the VSP harness. I already have that part. It's directly plugged into the top of the transmission and has 3 wires, right?

The one in the troubleshooting manual I'm looking for is C108. It's supposed to have a single blu/white wire in it's harness. To all the NAVI owners - please keep looking. Thanks!

-Nestor

------------------

2000 CCS EX-NAVI

·
Registered
23 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by nemogira:
I think you found the VSP harness. I already have that part. It's directly plugged into the top of the transmission and has 3 wires, right?

The one in the troubleshooting manual I'm looking for is C108. It's supposed to have a single blu/white wire in it's harness. To all the NAVI owners - please keep looking. Thanks!

-Nestor

</font>
I'll look again when I get home tonight.

Eric

------------------
2000 GG EX-Navi

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
Nestor, have you ever talked to a Honda tech about this? Is there anyone you could contact within Honda or at a local dealer who may be able to shortcut this search for you?

I think when you tell a tech that you converted your van to a NAV, he just may want your autograph!

------------------
Chuck
Click here for Ody pics, mods and fixes on FotoTime.

·
1,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by ckonarske:
Nestor, have you ever talked to a Honda tech about this? Is there anyone you could contact within Honda or at a local dealer who may be able to shortcut this search for you?

I think when you tell a tech that you converted your van to a NAV, he just may want your autograph!

</font>
Well, I'm up for a maintenance checkup soon so I guess it's a good as time as any to ask.

Although my guess is they'll tell me it's more of a "Alpine" thing than a general "Honda/Helm Manual" thing. We'll see.

-Nestor

------------------

2000 CCS EX-NAVI

·
Registered
23 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by nemogira:
Do anybody find yet? Eric?

-Nestor

</font>

Sorry I haven't had a chance to look at it yet, was busy all weekend and trying to catch up on some sleep. I will try soon. I think it's great that you took on the task of converting your Ody to a Navi and would like to help how I can.

------------------
2000 GG EX-Navi -
Pioneer 1665
Helm Electrical
Zaino

·
1,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks guys. No real rush though - just take your time. Hopefully I can finally wrap up this conversion and move on to my next crazy stunt.

Hmmm...240hp? Powerlift tailgate? Or dare I say it?...second row cup holders!!! I'm gettin' goose-bumps!

-Nestor

------------------

2000 CCS EX-NAVI

1 - 10 of 10 Posts