Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Ody Touring 2005. NAVI v4.13
Yesterday I burned a DVD with a movie and put it into a DVD player (rear entertainment system). NAVI screen turned black...

1. I tried to use keys Menu + Cancel + ... No effect
2. I tried to load/unload DVD disk with NAVI system... I see blue loading screen and then black
3. I tried to unplug black cable from a battery for 3 mins first and for 1 hour then... And now I see 'Enter pin' screen but CAN'T PRESS ANY BUTTON, NAVI isn't responding at all ((

Don't even know what else to try...
Things I'm going to try tomorrow:
1. Call Honda customer service
2. Short (connect) red and black cables from a battery (after disconnecting battery). Found this method somewhere on Google

Is somebody experienced in this problem?

·
Registered
469 Posts
You need the four digit pin for the navigation. It's normally on the side on the glove box, open the glove box on the outside left side of it there should be 2 white stickers one with 4 numbers and one with 5 numbers (radio code) just punch in the numbers in the screen, and the using the radio presets enter the radio pin to unblock the radio.

If you don't have those stickers then you can find them in the manuals the dealer gave you when you bought the car, its a thin manual on the first page and its hand written (done at pre-delivery inspection).

If that doesn't help, then you can go to www.ahm-ownerlink.com and retrieve the navigation and radio codes.

If not then you can call Honda or visit a dealership.

Are you the original owner? If not the website won't be helpful bc it will ask you information that will have to match with what Honda has on their system. Make sure you update the owners info with Honda I believe the website has a PDF you can print out and mail out.

I don't think that's a good idea about short circuiting it. The Navi and Radio locks are a security/anti theft measures like the transponder keys.

Hope this help!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Dear tC_demon! You didn't understand my problem. I know PIN codes from Radio and Navi. But I can not enter any numbers on a screen. There are digits and message 'Enter PIN' on the screen, but I can't press any button!

Today I've tried:
1. Call Honda customer service, but they said 'you should go to the dealership. we can't help you'.
2. Short cables on a battery. Didn't work either.

What I know now: THERE SHOULD BE AN EXTRA POWER SOMEWHERE! Because even after disconnecting the battery Radio has the same setting! They've been saved somewhere. And I need to find and restart device which keeps them saved!

·
Registered
469 Posts
There's no other power, the navi unit (under the driver seat) and the radio unit, they both have a flash memory of some sort to prevent the PIN from being erase (just like the ODOMETER). If you are looking for those quarter size batteries (just like in a computer for the BIOS) your not going to find them. My old Acura RSX radio that I took off from in 2004 still prompted me for the PIN after 6 years with no power sitting inside a box in my garage, went back to my original radio bc my aftermarket one crapped out on me. Sounds like you have a screen problem. Did you try using the little joystick to enter the numbers? Fuses? You can try to recalibrate the screen don't know if you will be able to access hold the Map/Guide, Menu, and Cancel at the same time and it will bring up the navi diagnostics menu. If that doesn't help then you might need a new screen or visit a dealership.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm 100% sure that screen is OK. I remember that I just put a DVD disk inside of entertainment system player.

Yes, I tried fuses, tried to hold Map, Menu, Cancel, tried to use joystick...

I noticed a hollow noise somewhere from inside of the Navi unit like when the fan in the computer works very hard when CPU is loaded on 100%.
So I definitely sure that hardware is fine and all I need is just to reset the NAVI...

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I asked a question on one of the paid services on Internet. The 'Honda Expert' suggested to disconnect a battery and clamp the cables overnight first. Didn't help.
Then he said I gotta go to a dealership. They will connect their computer to my car and will reset the system. But at a dealership it will cost me at least $200 (only car inspection is $105 + tax which is necessary before anything).
Does anybody know if I can go to a private body shop and they will fix the problem (reset the system) using a regular computer device?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts