Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, for whatever reason, my battery died while getting the windshield replaced Friday. (battery obviously needs to be replaced because it should not go dead after just the doors being open for 30 minutes). Anyways, I jump started it off my car, per the instructions in the manual. Completely forgot about the Navi reset because I wasnt even paying attention to the screen. I just started it and let it run for a bit while I raked. Well, the wife gets in the van tonite for work, the code reset prompt pops up, and what does she do? Starts entering random numbers instead of getting me to take care of it. So, she screws with it and the screen goes black (locked out).

I did some searching on here and came up empty handed so far. Found one thread that describes exactly the predicament I am in now, but no solution was ever followed up with in the thread.

So what I need to know is, (when she gets home from work tomorrow) what do I do now that the screen is black? Can I just disconnect the battery for some amount of time and let the ECU reset so the code prompt comes back when I turn the van on? Or, did my wife's mistake earn us an expensive trip to the dealer?

I'll keep searching here and Google, but if anyone has an anser/advice/relevant thread, post up.

TIA -Travis

·
Super Moderator
13,641 Posts
I did some searching on here and came up empty handed so far. Found one thread that describes exactly the predicament I am in now, but no solution was ever followed up with in the thread.
Well, it always helps if you post in that existing thread. No need for duplicate threads for the same problem.

Also, it also helps us mods if you post in the right forums to start out with. Why do you think we have the dedicated Audio/Video/Nav forum?

Send me the link of the thread you found and I will merge this there.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts