Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got a GG w/Navi a couple of days ago and I'm curious if some of the other navi owners could share some tips or tricks that they have discovered that they have found useful as a Navi owner?

One question that comes to mind, is it possible select a place by name and then sort it by location? e.g. I typed Dairy Queen for places and I got several Dairy Queens that are no where near where I live. Can you refine searches?

Plus does any one know how to put the Navi into service mode?

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
Congrats on your new Ody. I hope you enjoy it as much as I enjoy mine.

One question that comes to mind, is it possible select a place by name and then sort it by location? e.g. I typed Dairy Queen for places and I got several Dairy Queens that are no where near where I live. Can you refine searches?

Without having the NAV in front of me, I think it's easier to select the city first and then sort by distance.

Plus does any one know how to put the Navi into service mode?

Instructions for service mode are in the Helm manual on page 22-310. Instructions are: Press MENU, MAP/GUIDE, and CANCEL key simultaneously, hold for five seconds. Service screen will come up. Select desired mode.

CAUTION: Most of the adjustable settings are either automatic or have warnings on them. I would advise not changing any settings without having the Helm manual as a guide, and maybe not even then. There's not much you could change that would be an improvement.

------------------
Chuck
Click here for Ody pics & projects.

[This message has been edited by ckonarske (edited 06-02-2001).]

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
BTW, I see we're neighbors. Where did you buy your Ody?

------------------
Chuck

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by ckonarske:
BTW, I see we're neighbors. Where did you buy your Ody?

</font>

I live in Brownstown, so my local Honda dealer is either Melton in Southgate,MI or Victory in Monroe. However neither of them had a Navi. So I got out the yellow pages and found one in Ferndale (Metro Honda). I almost bought a Town and Country (Father works for Chrysler), but my wife and I loved the Odyssey so much that we bought one even considering the employee discount we would have received on the Chrysler.

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
I bought mine at LaFontaine Toyota-Honda in Dearborn. We've been doing business with them for many years and they've been great.

I agree about buying what you WANT. I'd much rather have to pay a little more for what really suits me than get a bargain on something I don't like as much.

As far as that goes, I don't think I'd have bought a van at all if I hadn't been able to get the Ody. It has a totally different handling feel than any of the other vans I've driven. I've driven Nissan, Windstar, Astro, Aerostar, Caravan, Sienna and maybe a couple of others and never wanted to own one until I drove the Ody. It's a whole different animal as far as I'm concerned.

------------------
Chuck

1 - 5 of 5 Posts