Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
https://www.navigation.com

If you have a factory nav with the ORIGINAL DVD that isn't good for finding your way out of a paper sack, they currently have the current nav DVD on sale. It's $140ish instead of $180ish - still a ripoff, but 20% off of a ripoff price.

I went ahead and caved in and got one coming.

Should go nicely with my $130 TomTom that has free updates/traffic FOR LIFE. How the hell they justify these prices is beyond me.

Dale

·
Registered
197 Posts
Still a rip off, but good to see it's on sale, if you got an iphone, you can purchase gps app, and you never have to pay for update, since the phone had gps chip inside, all you need is the app, I had Magellan Roadmate, free lifetime map/traffic update for $35.00 when on sale, there are many gps app out there for iphone: Magellan, Navigon, Tomtom, Garmin, stay away from Co-Pilot. My two favorite are: Magellan & Navigon, but Navigon would cost extra for traffic update, and sometime go on sale for $24.99. I also had a portable TomTom with free lifetime map/traffic update, so I never update my van map dvd.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Got an updated Nav last Dec. for our 03 with original DVD. The new programming has problems finding places more than a couple hundred miles away ( cannot find Reno, Nv from Mojave, ca - other similar failures to route in the mid west and Southwest). When I called the outfit that handles the the replacement DVDs got some crap about being 30+ days from purchase (was about 40 days) and how the new program sometimes did not work well with the older vans. When I asked if selling updated DVD's that didn't work was "fraud" - they got a lot more cooperative. Got a replacement - no improvement.

Am glad we finally updated but am disappointed in the performance.

When we replace the 03 (212,000 miles now) the Nav could very well be a deal breaker for Honda if there's a close contender. Other option, go aftermarket vs buying Honda Nav.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Got my new DVD the other day, has WAY more streets and points of interest on it. Haven't actually used it for navigation yet, we'll see how it does.

The interface is still as clunky as ever, though.

Dale

1 - 4 of 4 Posts