A problem with my map started about a week ago. The navigation system no longer updates the Ody's position as we drive.
2001 Ody EX
Stock Navigation System. No Mods
- The navigation system boots up fine it seems but sometimes the initial placement of the vehicle on the map is incorrect by a few hundred yards.
- I am able to correct the location and compass direction on the map using the map's Correct Navigation feature
- Then when I drive off, the compass direction updates as I make turns but the red icon indicating the vehicle's position never moves -- or moves very rarely and never correctly.
- I seem to have good satellite reception. The world icon shows three lime green bars
- If I press the world icon as I'm driving to display current location, the values for latitude and longitude and the altitude are updating constantly, but the address associated with the current location remains constant.
- I've removed the DVD and put it back in
- We live in an urban area (Austin TX) that has been mapped since we bought the Ody 10 years ago and has worked flawlessly up until a week ago.
- I have updated the map DVD once (2003? 2004?) but never since
I would suspect a GPS sensor problem, but the lat/long are updating as we drive. I would then think it was a software problem but the software has not changed for several years. I plan to take it to the dealership this afternoon but was wondering if someone else has experienced this and what it cost to fix.
Thanks for any advice you have!