Honda Odyssey Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I see that hondanavi.com now has the 2012 White DVD map update available for $149. New version is v4.A2. Would have thought they would have jumped up to v5 or at least kept with a similar incremental versioning as before.

Glad to see the price drop though. I haven't updated my 2008 and was considering an upgrade for this year. Just curious anyone else plan to upgrade or have opinions from prior upgrade experiences?

·
Registered
688 Posts
I just looked at the map update details and if it's correct, it seems like a MINISCULE update. Only 3 new map areas in the entire U.S.??? Is that a joke? Definitely not worth it if you already have 4.92, unless there is something else new that they don't mention on the site.

·
Administrator
14,510 Posts
Completely agrre with megatron. Unless you're in Dothan, AL or Lake Charles, LA or Beckley, WV, I'd skip this upgrade if you have 4.92 (which I do). And yes, $149 for just 3 cities is a joke. They should sell this update for $50 or less. Crooks.

·
Registered
688 Posts
Perhaps even Honda felt guilty about calling this a real update... and that's why they are giving us a discount at the super low price of $149! HA! Again, all I can say is what a joke!

·
Registered
31 Posts
I have the 4.55 on my 2007. Would this be a good upgrade from that version? My wife does travel a lot and our area has lots of new development.

·
Administrator
14,510 Posts
I have the 4.55 on my 2007. Would this be a good upgrade from that version? My wife does travel a lot and our area has lots of new development.
You need an upgrade. Not necessarily the 4.A2 one. I have a 4.64 that will not only give you new maps but will also give you automatic new DST settings. Interested? Send me a PM as I haven't listed my disk for sale yet. ;)

·
Registered
1 Posts
There was a $99 Special last year

If anyone from Hondanavi.com happens to be reading this.... I will purchase the update for $99, but not $149.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Has anyone received a letter with a discount for a nav upgrade? When I called to make an inquiry about the nav upgrade, I was asked if I received a letter and had a promo code.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I currently have version 4.66. I want to upgrade to 4.A2. However, 4.A2 seems to be a much smaller disk than 4.92. Do I need to update to 4.92 first?

Thanks

·
Registered
54 Posts
I currently have version 2.05 in my 2002 Odyssey i would like to upgrade to a newer version. I have found numerous version 4.92 dvd's on ebay will they work in my odyssey?

·
Administrator
14,510 Posts
I currently have version 2.05 in my 2002 Odyssey i would like to upgrade to a newer version. I have found numerous version 4.92 dvd's on ebay will they work in my odyssey?
Nope. This version is not for you. 2nd gen has a different series of update versions.

·
Administrator
14,510 Posts
Go to The Official Honda Map Update Site and enter your model information and the site will give you your latest version. Be ready to shell out about $200 give or take including shipping.

·
Registered
419 Posts
would this one work? I know it's not the most current but its better than the version I have right? Honda Satellite Linked Navigation System 2007 Version 2.50 DVD Disc | eBay
Your van uses the Black DVD, and the one on Ebay looks like the black 2.50. The newest one is 2.90. I would imagine that one would work since its the black. 20 bucks for the used OEM is a good price, if it doesn't then you don't loose much and you may want to put it back for sale.

Good Luck.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I just looked at the map update details and if it's correct, it seems like a MINISCULE update. Only 3 new map areas in the entire U.S.??? Is that a joke? Definitely not worth it if you already have 4.92, unless there is something else new that they don't mention on the site.
Just for the record, I believe the update only include 3 new geographic areas, but that does not mean that the existing map locations have not been updated with changing road and traffic patterns. I know in DC there have been a number of big changes in roads over the last year so depending on where you live it might be worth it to you. Personally, that is too much to charge so I will probably go the torrent route instead, but to each their own.

·
Registered
96 Posts
I just got an update offer for this version (I guess I'm way down on the list...)

My '07 has, AFAIK, the original version. Is there any compelling reason to upgrade? Is there any improvement except in the database of information?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts