Honda Odyssey Forum banner

Should Honda make a software change allowing passengers access to navigation while vehicle is moving

• Total voters
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone else have a problem with not being able to use the navigation system from the PASSENGER seat? I upgraded from a 2011 Odyssey EXL to the 2019 Odyssey Elite so I would have all the bells and whistles. I was very disappointed to learn that I could not input a route or search for points of interest along the route when riding as a passenger without getting my husband who is driving to stop the van. Anyone else think there should be an override to use Navi when you're not the driver?? General Motors allows me to input that I am not the driver and use the navigation on our 4 year old pickup truck. Wouldn't this be a simple software change?

·
Registered
101 Posts
Does anyone else have a problem with not being able to use the navigation system from the PASSENGER seat? I upgraded from a 2011 Odyssey EXL to the 2019 Odyssey Elite so I would have all the bells and whistles. I was very disappointed to learn that I could not input a route or search for points of interest along the route when riding as a passenger without getting my husband who is driving to stop the van. Anyone else think there should be an override to use Navi when you're not the driver?? General Motors allows me to input that I am not the driver and use the navigation on our 4 year old pickup truck. Wouldn't this be a simple software change?

·
Registered
101 Posts
I understand the liability issue of not allowing a driver to program a location. Yes, it would be nice if it was only a passage but the driver could also access it. I just program my destinations before I leave. Then they are in the Recent list. The driver or passenger can select the recent Recent list while moving and select any destination on the list.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts