Honda Odyssey Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have seen posts about the dvd and leather being installed by the dealer. Has anyone heard of the navigation system being installed by the dealer?

I read of the member who installed his own, which I find amazing, but I am not even going to attempt that

I really want an Ody with navigation, which wouldn't be too much of a problem, if I didn't want it only in Redrock Pearl.

OddGrinch

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the tip! We decided not to pursue the navigation. One dealer said they do put in an aftermarket navigation but it isn't good. Another told me they do and it is much better (I'll pass).

We decided to put in the Kenwood Nav system with the KVT 910DVD touch screen. A little more than the $$ to pay for the honda option, but a lot more features.

OddGrinch

·
Registered
101 Posts
When we were purchasing our Odyssey, our attitude was we just wanted to get an EX in the color we were looking for. If it had NAVI or not, it didn't matter. When our dealer got a van in our color, it didn't have NAVI. Naturally, by that time we were thinking we actually might want the system. So we asked our salesperson's supervisor about getting a system installed in a non-NAVI EX. He confidently said "No problem. We've done it in the past," and gave me a price of about $2K extra. I asked if it would look factory, sorta integrated into the dash. Of course he said yes. I continued with the questions by asking for an example of what it looks like. Y'know, like install pics, or a brochure, or some sort of manual. He continued to insist that it looked like a factory setup. I still didn't believe him, so he scrounged around and finally showed me some xerox copy of the system. To put it mildly, it looked nothing like the dash of an EX w/NAVI.

Freakin' Honda salesguy.

Next time, I'll just wait for a vehicle with factory NAVI.

------------------

2001 Odyssey EX
1999 3.2TL
1995 NSX-T
1992 SC400

1 - 4 of 4 Posts