Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just made a trip, Cincinnati to Brooklyn and back. On the way back the Nav system seemed to go haywire. Apparently the GPS couldn't tell where it was, while on I70 it kept telling me to get off at next exit, at one point it told me to make a uturn on the expressway(!). Haven't had a chance to take it in.........anyone else have similar experience? I have used it a lot, this is the first time it has acted up. The map kept changing, like it was loosing the signal for the GPS.
John

·
Registered
368 Posts
I have similar experiences, maybe three times in nine months, but the system always seems to "get it together" and continues to function correctly after a few minutes (at most). Haven't been to the dealer about it. Don't know why it did it.

·
Registered
564 Posts
I haven't yet heard of a GPS nav system that didn't act like that once in a while, unfortunately. Unnerving to be sure, but then that's what the little warning is there for when you turn it on
CYA, and all that.

------------------
-= Darell =-
2002 Ody EXL-Nav (TW) ordered
2001 Civic EX

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by jkues:
Apparently the GPS couldn't tell where it was, while on I70 it kept telling me to get off at next exit, at one point it told me to make a uturn on the expressway(!).</font>
Is there a way to disable the "mother-in-law" feature on a GPS?

------------------
Maugham

"I plan to live forever. So far, so good"
'02 RP EX-L due 10/17
'85 Prelude that we'll keep!
'01 Ninja folding aluminum scooter
'00 New Balance model 658 shoes

[This message has been edited by Maugham (edited 09-22-2001).]

·
Registered
71 Posts
I have an '01 Navi and when it has worked, I really like it... even depend on it... but it has "gone haywire" and not come back to its senses... it has my current location as 30-35 miles away from where I really am.

Anyone else encountered this? I guess the only good thing about it is that because it isn't intermittent, I won't have the dealer thinking I'm "imagining" a problem...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts