Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got the P0740 Blues- Just a matter of weeks...

Anyone know a good, independant transmission shop who has done hundreds of our transmissions?

Looking for experiencere and willing to drive anywhere in S. Carolina.--

Thanks so much for any help. I got a 170k out of this one so I cannot complain (too much...)

·
Super Moderator
13,837 Posts
handmeawrench said:
Got the P0740 Blues- Just a matter of weeks...

Anyone know a good, independant transmission shop who has done hundreds of our transmissions?

Looking for experiencere and willing to drive anywhere in S. Carolina.--

Thanks so much for any help. I got a 170k out of this one so I cannot complain (too much...)
My BIL is in Rockledge, FL (about 40 miles from Orlando right by Cocoa Beach). He just got his tranny replaced by an indy with a Jasper rebuilt. He's happy with the work. If you can make it to his neck of the woods, let me know and I can get the indy's information from my BIL.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That is within driving distance

dvpatel-

Can you email me that indy info. @ [email protected] when you have a chance. That would help me out considerably.

Much appreciated.

·
Registered
531 Posts
If you need a new tranny, check out the Jasper web site.

http://www.jasperengines.com/

They have independent shops all over the country and their warranty is 36/100,000. A little more costly but everything I hear is good. They have a find an installer tab at the bottom of the home page under the ABOUT YOU tab. Type in your ZIP code and they should have an installer near you. They are very particular about their AUTHORIZED installers. Looks like I may be going that way soon :(

·
Registered
8 Posts
I don't have personal experience with them doing repair work, but a co-worker recommended them and I had a good visit with them diagnosing a noise on my Odyssey transmission this morning. Advanced Transmissions in Mauldin, SC. Talk to Monty. Seemed knowledgeable and trust-worthy. For example, they recommended that we not replace our transmission right now, where most other places probably would have sold us a transmissions. Good luck.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts