Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a very noisy steering pump. I have replaced it 3 times in the last 3 years. I bought the first one at an Auto Zone. It is under warranty, so Auto Zone will swap it out for me. Not sure what brand the pump is. Would anyone recommend a good brand steering pump that will last more than a year. Rock Auto has several brands available, but still not sure which is the best to get. Thank you.

·
Registered
2006 Honda Odyssey (EX)
1,260 Posts
I wouldn't trust an eBay part.

You're much better off getting an OEM pump from a dealership or parts site like Bernardi.

·
Registered
2007 EX / 172K miles
75 Posts

·
Registered
2007 EX / 172K miles
75 Posts
You should also put in a new power steering fluid reservoir and cap. The filtering screen becomes clogged over time, so you could be starving your pumps.

Also, be sure flush your power steering system in order to get fresh fluid into it. I would recommend using genuine Honda power steering fluid. I like the method that is done without starting the van. Here is a video of that method:

Look over all of your hoses and check for leaks, especially the high pressure feed line.

Replace the o-ring on your feed line.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for all the suggestions. I will replace my reservoir and pump and flush the system.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts