Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know of a dealer accepting order's at MSRP for 2002 models in NJ, NYC area or eastern PA? Any help with dealer names/number would be appreciated.

odykidnj

·
Registered
1 Posts
I believe David Michael Honda in Freehold, NJ will place an order at MSRP. I visited there a week ago and that was the story then. However, they had no idea when I could take delivery. They suggested the wait would be at least until November.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Do not go to Rt 22 Honda, Planet Honda, Open Road Honda, Madison Honda or Sussex Honda. High Prices...Lousy Service.

My cousin in NJ (Parsippany) went to Joyce Honda. Deal with internet Sales. The will try to sell at $500 over MSRP. My cousin said in NJ papers they post a $500.00 off coupon on the weekend (Fri,Sat, Sun) any Honda deal.

I bought mine in NYC.
3 Dealers I know that only have less than a 45 day wait and will to sell at MSRP at

1. Nardy Honda - St. James, LI (NY) ask for Syed
2. PS Honda - Manhassett, LI (NY) ask for Daryl Beattie
3. Hillside Honda - Queens, NY ask for Vinny Singh

If you want, you can use my name. Sanjeev Phansalkar these are straight no BS guys and will not lie to you. They will take off a $100.00 off MSRP for your trouble to drive from NJ.

Good Luck

·
Registered
854 Posts
two years ago i dealt with Planet Honda on route 3 and got msrp with no wait. this year i'm hoping for the same, but they have no idea so far on when they will get some.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I actually dealt with Carey Hardaman of Sussex Honda. I have been on the list for 3 months. Got MSRP, no more, no less. Got this all this over the Internet.

·
Registered
4 Posts
whoa...I just got quoted more than $1000 over msrp!!! It was not a dealer listed in this thread, so I have sent an email to ps honda.

·
Registered
22 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by 1ODY2NV:

Do not go to Rt 22 Honda, Planet Honda, Open Road Honda, Madison Honda or Sussex Honda. High Prices...Lousy Service.

</font>
I have purchased 4 Honda's from Madison Honda. I think their service is fantastic. I have found they are quite willing to negotiate on price. Ask for Dick O'Leary if you go in. He'll make sure you get a good deal.

If you go in there off the street, they'll claim that if you want to buy an Odyssey, you MUST buy $1500 worth of options. That's not true if you bargain with them.

Of course with the new Odyssey manufacturing plant, perhaps the days of overpiced Odyssey's is behind us.

·
Registered
131 Posts
I know this is a drive, but you might wabnt to try www.Apostolakishonda.com

They are just over the border of the PA/Ohio line. They have their inventory online and they always seem to have new Ody's coming in all the time. They are offering $400 under MSRP right now from what I understand. They have a sister store in Western PA, if you need to have the deal written in PA.

Right now I see they have three LX, two EX and two EX-L in stock.
------------------
2002 EXL-RES Redrock Pearl

2001 Chevy 2500HD crewcab 4x4

[This message has been edited by Shaners (edited 01-22-2002).]

·
Registered
120 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Shaners:
I know this is a drive, but you might wabnt to try www.Apostolakishonda.com

They are just over the border of the PA/Ohio line. They have their inventory online and they always seem to have new Ody's coming in all the time. They are offering $400 under MSRP right now from what I understand. They have a sister store in Western PA, if you need to have the deal written in PA.

Right now I see they have three LX, two EX and two EX-L in stock.
</font>
Might want to call and check to make sure that the one you're interested in hasn't been pre-sold. A few dealers here in the Houston area have the same kind of inventory listing and I've called to check on a few and found that they were already spoken for. Maybe some dealers do it differently, but in my area it appears that the vehicle will appear in inventory even though it's already taken by someone on the waiting list.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Junior,

No doubt he should call first, but I told a friend of mine that they had what he was looking for (GG EX) and it was on there site for a week, and they told him it was available at $400 under MSRP. I see it is still available right now... and this was over a week ago he called... (for some reason GG is Gb on their website).

By the way, my friends wife ended up saying no to getting a new Ody and she wants to keep their '99 LX.

------------------
2002 EXL-RES Redrock Pearl

2001 Chevy 2500HD crewcab 4x4

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hi,

You can try Paramus Honda, they sell at MRSP but they have a 3 to 4 month wait for a lx or ex.

Huson Honda sent me a coupon, 500 off and when he wrote the contract out, it came to over 1500 over sticker. I walked.

Tenafly Honda also sells for over 1500 over sticker.

Martin Honda in Manhattan was MRSP.

In Scranton, they have a shorter wait for slightly below list if you want a lx or ex. The navi's and DVD van's appear to be either in higher demand or they are making less of them. (Scranton - Burne Honda- Michael Churi 1-800-822-2110x 245)

Good Luck,
Tom

·
Registered
7 Posts
I bought two previous Hondas from Open Road, and would have bought the Ody there, too, but they claimed I was a "preferred customer" but then would only sell me an Ody for sticker that was already in stock (but it wasn't the color we wanted) - what a joke. We were willing to wait for our color, but they wouldn't give it to us for sticker.

So I called at least a dozen other dealerships - many said they'd sell at sticker, but wouldn't have one in until the middle of February - which wasn't too bad, considering.

Then I called Joyce Honda in Denville. I spoke with Moon (x 305). He was really great to deal with. They had one coming in the next day and sold it to us for sticker (this was an EX, mind you - I don't know about other trim models). We drove up there Saturday and drove home with it the same day. It was so easy.

Just don't believe the hype - that all dealerships are selling above sticker. It's just not true (but like I said, for the EX-L and beyond - I don't know).

I also did get quoted by Burne Honda in Scranton for sticker minus destination, with a few small added options, but they said there was a wait - don't know how long.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I bought mine at Paramus Honda NJ.
I got my Starlight Silver 2002 EXL-RES at MSRP. Call and ask for Judy at Paramus Honda (201) 368-0180, she may be able to get you and Ody within 10 days.

Just beware and try to avoid the following:

*Window Etching (Expensive) AllState only discounts $25.00 per 6/ month contract and it cost 10 times as much ($250.00).
*Simmonize (Invisible protection, way too expensive and useless)
* Honda Care extended Warranty 7Y/100K/0 Deductable (An astronomically ridiculous $1,800.00 plus TAX) If you haggle you might be able to work out a deal with their finance people for under $1,000.00 for the etended warranty.

Good Luck,

·
Registered
7 Posts
Little Reb said:
I bought two previous Hondas from Open Road, and would have bought the Ody there, too, but they claimed I was a "preferred customer" but then would only sell me an Ody for sticker that was already in stock (but it wasn't the color we wanted) - what a joke. We were willing to wait for our color, but they wouldn't give it to us for sticker.

So I called at least a dozen other dealerships - many said they'd sell at sticker, but wouldn't have one in until the middle of February - which wasn't too bad, considering.

Then I called Joyce Honda in Denville. I spoke with Moon (x 305). He was really great to deal with. They had one coming in the next day and sold it to us for sticker (this was an EX, mind you - I don't know about other trim models). We drove up there Saturday and drove home with it the same day. It was so easy.

Just don't believe the hype - that all dealerships are selling above sticker. It's just not true (but like I said, for the EX-L and beyond - I don't know).

I also did get quoted by Burne Honda in Scranton for sticker minus destination, with a few small added options, but they said there was a wait - don't know how long.
Hi!

How are you doing ?

I am in processing of buying Odyssey. Can you please share the name and number of person as well as amount you paid.

Thanks in advance.

hpjain

·
Registered
7 Posts
JOYCE HONDA!! in Denville (Rt 10). We just put down a deposit last week. My neighbor had a great experience with their salesman Tom Duffy. I e-mailed and asked about availability. He called me the same day and told me up front that they sell at sticker. When I went in to sign the contract, he threw in my choice of the cargo mat or the roof rack cross bars. Just offered it up, no pressure. And I must say, it is the nicest dealership I've ever been in. And as far as Planet Honda goes... I told them I wanted a RR EXL-RES and that the DVD had to be factory installed. They came back with an offer of "You can have this green one with cloth interior and we'll install the DVD and we're only going to charge you $4,000 over sticker. This was after an HOUR of me asking about availability for the one I wanted. I never did get to discuss the red one. They guy just kept showing me pictures that he drew and saying that red wasn't my color, but green was. Just like the green one on the lot. Sheesh! Please, check out Tom Duffy at Joyce Honda if it's not too far from you. You won't regret it. Tell him that the Lowe's sent you.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Easy MSRP

I actually had 2 deposits down at 2 different dealers for MSRP. This worked to my advantage, as I told each, that whoever got me the car first, had the sale. The other would have to give me my deposit back. I had my SS EX in 2 weeks at MSRP (minus the destination fee!)

DEALER #1- VIP Honda on Route 22 N. Plainfield ask for Louis

DEALER #2- Island Honda on Route 72 Manahawkin ask for Theresa

·
Registered
7 Posts
Re: Easy MSRP

scottrberger said:
I actually had 2 deposits down at 2 different dealers for MSRP. This worked to my advantage, as I told each, that whoever got me the car first, had the sale. The other would have to give me my deposit back. I had my SS EX in 2 weeks at MSRP (minus the destination fee!)

DEALER #1- VIP Honda on Route 22 N. Plainfield ask for Louis

DEALER #2- Island Honda on Route 72 Manahawkin ask for Theresa
Hi !
How are you doing ?

May I know which dealer was ready to sell at MSRP - Destination Charges.

I would love to give my deposit.

Any name and number will be highly appreciated. May be he can give some other incentive for referral.

Thanks.

- hpjain

·
Registered
79 Posts
i hear nuthin but great things a bout burne honda in scranton.
that was going to be second on our list of honda dealers...

we had a great experience at planet honda of clifton.

walked on lot
walked off lot with van. payed few hundred over msrp but hey it beats the month 2 month wait!

GL!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts