Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was wondering if anyone with a Helm manual or Electronic Troubleshooting Manual could do me a HUGE favor and help me isolate a probably fuse problem?
I have an '02 RES. Just had a couple of the modules replaced due to water, and after that I installed a VCR into the system. Not sure when it happened, but now some of the switches are no longer backlit at night when the headlights are on. Specifically the (4) power window switches on the drivers door, the power window switch on passeneger door, the auxilliary RES jack on the 3rd Row and possibly the power mirror switch if it was ever backlit. I KNOW the RES was backlit, and am 90% sure the power window switches were as well. Everything else works fine, just not the backlights.
I'm not to great with circuit diagrams and was wondering if someone could point me to the possible fuse culprit(s) or the diagram for those lights in the regular Helm manual.
I hate to take it back to the dealer. Dont think the VCR is the issue because all I did was add (2) add a circuits to fuse locations other than the possible culprits. Ive pulled and pulled fuses looking, but still cant find the ghost. Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
1,993 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">The power window switches, and mirror switches are not lite.</font>
Let me tell you, I was HONKED OFF when I found that out. $31K for a car and they can't even light up the damn power window switches when the headlights are on?

It's things like these that make me wish Acura had taken this car. I'd have paid a little extra for the touches that Acura does, that Honda's apparently not allowed to do.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You have got to be kidding! Well I know the RES was lit up at some point so I'll check that one wire now. Or then again-maybe I dreamt that too. Come to think of it-I saw the backlight for the RES in the Helm manual. That is really a shame the window switches arent lit up. Guys-thanks for the posts

1 - 4 of 4 Posts