Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
While removing an ATC fuse for my aftermarket amp near the battery this morning, I accidentally dropped it just next to the battery (towards right of the negative terminal).

I tried to find out where it went but could not locate it. I always thought that area is open to the ground. When I switched on the ignition, I heard some sound as of it was a fan hitting something (maybe sparks) and it went away by itself. Everything is working good.

My wife again heard the the same sound later. Any suggestion to help troubleshoot this pls.

Should have mentioned that the VSA warning symbol came on when I went on a drive today. But at the next engine restart, the symbol went away, strange!!

·
Registered
7,317 Posts
djay, every Honda product I've owned had one of those plastic tray/shields the battery sits in. It's made out of black polypropylene plastic, best I can tell (just my best guess by the "PP" nomenclature that is molded into them).

Now, assuming your wayward spare fuse has fallen into this area, and is now cozily trapped between the sidewall of the battery and this shield. That means it can really do no harm, and all of the other sounds and lights are coincidental.

Just my best guess. If you unhook and lift out the battery, you may find your fuse.

OF

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Dropped a fuse

Thanks for your reply. Actually I saw the fuse land on the painted surface at the bottom (don't think that is the Chasis) next to the battery, but there was a gap and I think it went inside that.

Don't know what is under that surface. But can't find a way to reach under that.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts