Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I sit in my 2011 Odyssey and turn on Bluetooth on my iPad and I press "USB/Aux" on the Odyssey, but the Odyssey does not find any devices, and neither does the iPad. Bluetooth for my phone works fine, but I can't get the iPad to work. What am I missing?

·
Registered
205 Posts
I sit in my 2011 Odyssey and turn on Bluetooth on my iPad and I press "USB/Aux" on the Odyssey, but the Odyssey does not find any devices, and neither does the iPad. Bluetooth for my phone works fine, but I can't get the iPad to work. What am I missing?
The iPad doesn't support bluetooth.

·
Banned
728 Posts
I haven't tried mine, but I'll try when I get back into town tomorrow and post results. I too am able to get my iPhone to pair without difficulty.

·
Registered
730 Posts
I read this post and was curious. So, I went to the van and turned my Touch's bluetooth on. It was discovered by van, but since it's not a phone I don't know what good it does me.

·
Registered
100 Posts
I read this post and was curious. So, I went to the van and turned my Touch's bluetooth on. It was discovered by van, but since it's not a phone I don't know what good it does me.
You can play music over the Bluetooth from the iPod.

·
Registered
730 Posts

·
Registered
419 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Yes the IPad can connect to the Bluetooth. You'll need to pair it just as if you were going to use it as a phone. Once paired you can use it to play via the speakers. I know it's strange, but you have to go through the phone setup before it'll allow you to use it for bluetooth audio. It took a while for it to pair, so be patient, but it does work, and now my Odyssey show's My Ipad in the phone's that are available to be used.

Works like a charm. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
730 Posts
Yes the IPad can connect to the Bluetooth. You'll need to pair it just as if you were going to use it as a phone. Once paired you can use it to play via the speakers. I know it's strange, but you have to go through the phone setup before it'll allow you to use it for bluetooth audio. It took a while for it to pair, so be patient, but it does work, and now my Odyssey show's My Ipad in the phone's that are available to be used.

When I first read this post I ignored it, doesn't have anything to do with me, now I'm knee deep.:D

So, my Touch is recognized, I push the aux button and screen shows the Touch but I can't get any audio. The Touch screen shows two buttons, one for handsfree link and the other says Ipod Touch. After mashing buttons on both the van and Ipod, still nothing. What am I missing?

·
Registered
419 Posts

Good to know!! For when I get my Ipad and a 2011 Ody!! :cool:

·
Registered
25 Posts
When I first read this post I ignored it, doesn't have anything to do with me, now I'm knee deep.:D

So, my Touch is recognized, I push the aux button and screen shows the Touch but I can't get any audio. The Touch screen shows two buttons, one for handsfree link and the other says Ipod Touch. After mashing buttons on both the van and Ipod, still nothing. What am I missing?
Make sure after you're paired with the Odyssey that you are then on Bluetooth Audio setting. I'm not sure if this is a standard feature or not. You'll then have to start playing music on your Touch as you can't control it through the stereo. As long as you are on the BT Audio setting in Aux.

·
Registered
730 Posts
Make sure after you're paired with the Odyssey that you are then on Bluetooth Audio setting. I'm not sure if this is a standard feature or not. You'll then have to start playing music on your Touch as you can't control it through the stereo. As long as you are on the BT Audio setting in Aux.
Yea, I think I'm at that point, just no audio. Need to fiddle some more.

·
Registered
687 Posts
I don't own an iPad, but just out of curiosity, has anyone hooked theirs up to the USB connector in the glove box and integrated it with the Odyssey's AUX audio controls? My old iPod works flawlessly with the AUX so I assume it's the same for the iPad?

:huh:

·
Registered
730 Posts
Finally got the Touch to work. Nice feature. Personally, I don't see myself getting much use out of it at the moment since I'll just use the USB port but I can see the potential.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I hope that you get help. I posted a navigation question here and was implied stupid that I did not post in the audio/visual/navigation area. dvpatel sure made my day and made me feel so welcome to ask for help.

·
Registered
3 Posts

how long did it take the ody to find the ipad? Was it with iPad 1?

·
Registered
38 Posts
I can't get mine to work with my iPad gen 1. I'm not electronic ignorant. I had no problem setting up my iPhone 4. It will not pair with my iPad tho. I wish it would, I use mine with the sunroof mod for my kids on long trips. I still have to run the audio cable for them to hear it. Oh well, hopefully the iPad 2 will link and I'll just upgrade. (or I may wait for the iPad 3)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts