Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

My kids love to mess with the rear roof A/C-heat vents and have knocked all the individual dampers off the little black rail that holds them in place.

I searched earlier and found a post with instructions on how to remove the vent/light module but I can't find it now.

Can anyone post instructions or the page from the manual with instructions on how to remove it? It'll take all of five seconds to fix once I get it down but I don't want to break anything in the process.

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
Ok - assuming it's the same as an 05

remove the lens over the light
slide the vent to the closed position - you should now be able to see a screw in the vent
remove the screw inside the vent
remove the screw and nut in the light area (it says that's only in the rear left side - not sure if they mean the nut or the screw and the nut are only there)
pull out the vent (there is one plastic clip at the end where the vent is)

that should do it.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the replies. For those who have BTDT, how do you remove the lens without breaking anything? Flathead screwdriver and *pop*?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Update. For anyone who is wondering, you do just take a flathead screwdriver, insert under the lens light on the wider side (closest to vent) and *pop*. It's just held in by four clips.

Turns out the the vents themselves (the five louvres/dampers and their circular housing) can also be popped out without removing the entire assembly.

I popped out the circular vent part, re-attached the little plastic rod to all five dampers, and popped in back in. The vent part is held in by six clips, two sets of three on opposite sides. Just a little wiggling on one side or the other and it slides out.

Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Anyone know if the 05-10 vent/light assemblies are all the same? Kids did a little more damage to mine and need to replace one. Found a used one on eBay but it says 2008-2009, so I'm not sure.

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
Update. For anyone who is wondering, you do just take a flathead screwdriver, insert under the lens light on the wider side (closest to vent) and *pop*. It's just held in by four clips.

Turns out the the vents themselves (the five louvres/dampers and their circular housing) can also be popped out without removing the entire assembly.

I popped out the circular vent part, re-attached the little plastic rod to all five dampers, and popped in back in. The vent part is held in by six clips, two sets of three on opposite sides. Just a little wiggling on one side or the other and it slides out.

Thanks for the help.
Thanks for the reply, might need this one day.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts