Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought my Odyssey 2000 this past week YAY!!! Everything seems to work great except for the cruise control. I dont get a light on the dash, nothing. I checked the fuse box but the fuse seems fine...I even replaced the fuse just in case, and still nothing. The TCS light comes on the dash, but no cruise control light.

The van was damaged in a deer accident which caused damage to the rear passenger door, a fender, three windows and the front quarter panel.
I bought the van from a body shop who purchased the van from the insurance company under a salvage title. The body shop did a gorgeous job with the repairs and I got what appears to be a pretty good car.
I contacted the previous owners and they said that there were no mechanical issues with the car at all except that it had a run in with a rather large buck, and that the cruise control worked perfectly the last time they drove the car (before the buck) The van also only has 81,000 and really does look new.

Could the cruise control have been disabled or disconnected when the body shop was fixing/replacing the door? If so, does someone know how to "reconnect" it?
Or could the cruise control have been damaged in the accident?
I greatly appreciate any help , I have a pretty heavy foot, and without the cruise control I am easy candy for the highway patrol!

·
Registered
6,076 Posts
Check fuses #6 (15A) and #9 (10A) in the Driver's Under-Dash Fuse/Relay Box first.

Then the list of troubleshooting consists of:

check the main switch
check the SET/RESUME/CANCEL switch
check the Brake Position Pedal switch
check the Transmission Range switch
check the Cruise Control inputs
check the CC actuator
check the cable reel

·
Registered
3,163 Posts
Even though the light doesn't come on have you tried it on the road to see if it actually works? If fuse 6 in the drivers fuse panel is ok you need to pull the switch and check voltages. With ignition on there should be 12 voltes on the fuse side og the switch and both sides with the switch engaged. From there you are going to have to trace it to the cruise control unit.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Also check the cable at the throddle body, the seperate one that comes form the cruise control.
On my 02 the barrel end of the cable had worn off the recess that the barrel fits into and you have to replace the whole T. body.
What I did was clean off the recessed area and the barrel with brake cleaner and let dry, the I coated the bottom of the barrel with 1/8" of GOOP and pressed the barrel back in the recess and let cure overnight.
It has been working fine for 2 years!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts