Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We leased our first Odyssey on 12/31/10. We were former Sienna owners and are enjoying the Ody but still trying to figure out all the options.

I had set my locks to turn on when the van is at 10 mph and to unlock when I place the van in "park". Seems to be working fine BUT last night I had the van in the garage with one of the keys in the car and one in the house. My husband went out to retrieve something from the van and all doors were locked with the key inside. How does this happen? Is there someway I can set an option so that I NEVER lock the key in the car. Luckily, we had the extra set.

·
Registered
144 Posts
it sounds like you know about the parameters that can be changed in the customize settings menu.

barring that, i can only think that someone hit the unlock button on the keyfob (even if it was already unlocked) and when no one opened a door within the time parameter, it just "relocked" itself.

if you can't find something wrong in the settings, i'd just recreate that scenario and wait the minute or two to see if it's recreatable (word?) and what the time-out period is.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Sounds like the van was inadvertently locked by the key inside the house (either by pressing the lock button, or what vqdriver described).

We only use one set of keys, and leave the extra set put away for emergencies, so there's no inadvertent button pressing :)

·
Registered
3,292 Posts
Either that or if you unlock the car with the remote but you don't open any door after unlocking, it will then lock itself automatically after 20-30 seconds. This is to prevent leaving it unlocked by accident.

Auto unlock after 20-30 seconds does not occur when any door is opened after the car is turned-off (i.e. arriving home from a trip to Home Depot ;))

1 - 4 of 4 Posts