Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
dear all master in forum!!
my Van is 2009 touring without pax tire. i just have installed the viper 5901 yesterday at local viper dealer shop with cost $800. then after the job is done. the car is starting good and the alarm good. But the problem all my climate control and cd light was gone. (this pic i borrow form another post in forum ... I don't have any pic to explain so i borrow this..thanks the author's pic)

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
NOT illuminated. I turn the car back to the installed guys for fixed and He can not find that issue and he told me should send the car to the HONDA dealer for check the problem. He said he did not know why all the light deaf...?? I did and dealer want $126 for checking. It painful ... there any body has problem this like me on the TOURING 2009 with NAV and aftermarket remote/alarm VIPER 5901?? if you guys have experience with that please share some infor that i can help fixed my light back
I appreciate for respond my trouble ...

·
Registered
274 Posts
Dash lights!

I would check the fuses and the dimmer switch first and since the remote start is hooked to the light circuit the installer is responsible for this mess and if they are not capable enough to figure out they should not be touching
your car.
The remote start involves some complex wiring that should not be trusted to jokers like these.Make sure you go after this joint!!!!!
Good luck

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
hi guys
thank for respond
with this issue do i should check the fuse by myself or give the car back to the installer guy ?? he said he will pull out whole the system for checking next week.

·
Registered
274 Posts
fuses

hi guys
thank for respond
with this issue do i should check the fuse by myself or give the car back to the installer guy ?? he said he will pull out whole the system for checking next week.
I would check all the fuses myself before i go there.What kind of a place is this?
Are they a respectable business?
$800.00 is a lot of money for a remote start these days!
I would also complain to Viper headoffice oviously they need this dealer checked out.
The dealer needs training.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks again!
i did checked all the fuse and the fuse #7 is blow out, and i changed with (3 fuse) it still blow out after i use the remote starter for starting the car. you guys have any idea with this. did the installer guys did mess up the wiring or some exposed inside. if you have similar with this issue please give me some advice before i take my money back from the suck installer i have

·
Registered
73 Posts
If it blows when the remote starter is used, then the installers screwed up with the installation. They need to fix it.

Edit: they (the installers) should pay you and the rest of us for the diagnosis of the problem. :)

·
Registered
274 Posts
Blowing fuses!!

If it blows when the remote starter is used, then the installers screwed up with the installation. They need to fix it.

Edit: they (the installers) should pay you and the rest of us for the diagnosis of the problem. :)
Well it seems to me that the installer has picked up a wrong circuit for the lights and or shorted the wiring in the car.Does the fuse blow if you use the light switch of the vehicle (not the remote starter) or is all well?
If this only happens when the remote starter is used then the problem could be a bad module or a wrong circuit.Let us know.

·
Registered
411 Posts
Take your vehicle to the installation place, hand them the keys. :mad:

Tell them to FIX THEIR SCREW UP and call you when it's ready. :mad:

Oh, and you need a loaner vehicle in the meantime. Take the owner's or manager's vehicle. :DD

If they give you any crap about it, call the Minnesota's Attorney General's office from your phone while you're there (Lori Swanson, 651-296-3353 or 800-657-3787), hand them the phone, and have the owner or manager explain to the AG's office what's going on. They would looove to hear about it. Call the news channels, too. :tongue:

You paid (supposed) experts for an installation that they botched up. It's up to them to make it right. Right now. :nothappy:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Take your vehicle to the installation place, hand them the keys. :mad:

Tell them to FIX THEIR SCREW UP and call you when it's ready. :mad:

Oh, and you need a loaner vehicle in the meantime. Take the owner's or manager's vehicle. :DD

If they give you any crap about it, call the Minnesota's Attorney General's office from your phone while you're there (Lori Swanson, 651-296-3353 or 800-657-3787), hand them the phone, and have the owner or manager explain to the AG's office what's going on. They would looove to hear about it. Call the news channels, too. :tongue:

You paid (supposed) experts for an installation that they botched up. It's up to them to make it right. Right now. :nothappy:
thanksss:D i will do it next week...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts