Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody know when I can find a good quality aftermarket leather kit for 2001 Ody? And or anybody have pictures on their aftermarket kit that I can take a look of it. Would you recommend using aftermarket kit?

Thanks
Alan

·
Registered
40 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by odysman:
Does anybody know when I can find a good quality aftermarket leather kit for 2001 Ody? And or anybody have pictures on their aftermarket kit that I can take a look of it. Would you recommend using aftermarket kit?

Thanks
Alan
</font>
I don't have the leather but several folks have recommended Classic Soft Trim. They have a special going for 2001 Odyssey's as well Here is a link to their web site's Odyssey special page.

http://www.classicsofttrim.com/CarClubs/Odyssey.asp

·
Registered
368 Posts
There was a ton of info on an aftermarket kit that many installed a few months back. Cost of the kit was around $350 to $400 plus installation. Some installed it themselves. Check the archives. If you are interested, I'll sell you my kit, its still sitting in the box.

[This message has been edited by johnkalajian (edited 11-12-2001).]

·
Registered
200 Posts
odysman,

We had Classic Soft Trim installed in our van by a Classic Soft Trim "dealer". We like ours a lot. Unfortunately, I don't have any pictures. IIRC, there was some discussion somewhere on this site about whether Classic Soft Trim might put additional foam in to help fill out the leather cover.

Good luck,

Jeff

------------------
Jeff

'01 SS EX
Cassette, Rosen Video System, Fog Lights, Splash Guards
Full Nose Mask

See photos at:
http://www.fototime.com/inv/B5EC5C7BC6CFA07

·
Registered
234 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by jvennitti:
odysman,

We had Classic Soft Trim installed in our van by a Classic Soft Trim "dealer". We like ours a lot. Unfortunately, I don't have any pictures. IIRC, there was some discussion somewhere on this site about whether Classic Soft Trim might put additional foam in to help fill out the leather cover.

Good luck,

Jeff

</font>

Check out Bob Morrison's photos in the Gallery section. He has the leather installed.

·
Registered
16 Posts
My wife and I purchased a 2002 SS Odyssey EX. We wanted leather and the dealer offered to put aftermarket leathers on the seats for free. At any rate, here is what the Classic Soft Trim leather (nickel color) looks like on our Odyssey:

http://hometown.aol.com/jgmontilla/myhomepage/photo.html

[This message has been edited by Papamonty (edited 11-17-2001).]

·
Registered
130 Posts
Just for grins, I looked at an '02 and asked about aftermarket leather on it. The dealer said none of our locals will do it because it compromises the side air bag and they didn't want to be held liable if they inadvertently disabled them. Any truth to it, or are they after selling you factory leather?

·
Registered
1,993 Posts
I'd say both, actually. The whole airbag issue is a hot one, and I wouldn't blame them for not wanting to get involved. All it takes is one ambulance chaser...

·
Registered
7 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by odysman:

Thanks
Alan
</font>
Check out www.ultratriminc.com they are a full service manufacturer/restyler ie; leather, sunroofs, wheels, spoilers, runningboards and mobile video. Ultra Trim Inc. in Gardena, Ca.
Check the websight for contact info. I'm sure they will sell leather kits in the box or installed. And they will match your factory color interior. Which seems to have been a problem for some folks who bought their kit on ebay. They also might have an authorized installer in your area.

[This message has been edited by ODYWOOD (edited 11-30-2001).]

1 - 12 of 12 Posts