Honda Odyssey Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

Registered
2005 Honda Odyssey EXT-T
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought this odyssey in april 2021, 2006 touring with 192k miles on odometer.
So far i did the following maintenance:
Honda 5w30 Engine Oil change every 5000 miles
Honda ATF fluid drain and fill
Honda Type 2 coolant replaced
Honda Power Steering Fluid replaced
Brake fluid replaced
Valves adjusted
All 4 New Denso o2 sensors
Installed VCMTUNER II - Advanced

I bought a foxwell nt510 elite scanner with honda software and i am trying to learn so basic diagnostics:

So here are my fuel trims numbers:

1) Idle RPM, coolant temperature 76 degrees Celsius
ST Bank 1 6.3%
ST Bank 2 3.9%
LT Bank 1 4.7%
LT Bank 2 0.0%

2) 2500 RPM, coolant temperature 76 degrees Celsius
ST Bank 1 5.5%
ST Bank 2 2.3%
LT Bank 1 4.7%
LT Bank 2 0.0%

Are these numbers ok or no? If no, what should i check in the car?
Can these numbers increase fuel consumption noticeably?

My mileage is:
City 15-17
Highway 23-26

Sometimes i get "loose fuel cap" code and i just erase by using the scanner. I ordered a new honda fuel cap and will try to replace it and see if the code will appear again.

Also when i ran an active evap test with the scanner I get the following code:
Clogging of ftp sensor line
FTP sensor failure

Also my FTP sensor is showing 0 Kpa pressure in live view when car is running and when is off. Is this bad?

And feedback/advice will be very much appreciated! (y):)馃

Registered
ST + LT = Total fuel trim. Under 15% total trim you should be fine.

I wouldn't spend money on any EVAP codes unless you have to. 0 pressure is bad when the system should be sealed. I know at idle, the system should be sealed and the pressure should rise. To do it right, you'd have to troubleshoot the sensor and wiring to the computer. If that checked out, you'd then have to smoke the evap system to find a leak.

Sent from my Samsung S8+ using Tapatalk

Registered
2005 Honda Odyssey EXT-T
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ST + LT = Total fuel trim. Under 15% total trim you should be fine.

I wouldn't spend money on any EVAP codes unless you have to. 0 pressure is bad when the system should be sealed. I know at idle, the system should be sealed and the pressure should rise. To do it right, you'd have to troubleshoot the sensor and wiring to the computer. If that checked out, you'd then have to smoke the evap system to find a leak.

Sent from my Samsung S8+ using Tapatalk
Thanks for the reply!
Could you please explain why why you would not spend money on any evaporation codes? Not important and crucial? And what do you mean by saying "unless you have to"?
So if my FTP sensor is bad, i replace it and still get 0 pressure at idle i should smoke the evaporations system to find a leak?

Registered
If your local municipality or state requires emissions testing then it鈥檚 worth pursuing a fix. If not, it鈥檚 up to you. I鈥檇 try to find the sensor in question and test it. May be a leak, faulty cap or the sensor itself. In the process of looking for it pay attention to the wiring. If it looks damaged that could be the source as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Registered
Why are you buying Honda oil but not following the oil weight spec?

What are the actual codes, not some generic code reader's interpretation and guess as to the cause of the code?

Registered
2005 Honda Odyssey EXT-T
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Why are you buying Honda oil but not following the oil weight spec?

What are the actual codes, not some generic code reader's interpretation and guess as to the cause of the code?
5w30 is more accessible here in Belarus and is not so much different from 5w20.
Here is a screenshot of the actual evap code:

Registered
Didn't catch your location at first.

While the code is unfamiliar (in North America, it would be of the form Pxxxx), the "evap system very small leak" is common. Can be anything from a leaking gas cap gasket to a cracked canister hose to the beginnings of filler pipe rust out.

As Postal noted, it will not affect driveability, it is strictly related to fuel fumes escaping into the atmosphere. If your locality does not require emissions inspection/testing, you can live with it.

Here, it's also a two trip code. Pending means it's only happened once since last reset of DTC system. Perhaps it was the loose cap that got tightened better at the next fill-up. Else, good luck finding it, even with a smoke tool.

Reactions: Peter T.

Registered
2005 Honda Odyssey EXT-T
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Didn't catch your location at first.

While the code is unfamiliar (in North America, it would be of the form Pxxxx), the "evap system very small leak" is common. Can be anything from a leaking gas cap gasket to a cracked canister hose to the beginnings of filler pipe rust out.

As Postal noted, it will not affect driveability, it is strictly related to fuel fumes escaping into the atmosphere. If your locality does not require emissions inspection/testing, you can live with it.

Here, it's also a two trip code. Pending means it's only happened once since last reset of DTC system. Perhaps it was the loose cap that got tightened better at the next fill-up. Else, good luck finding it, even with a smoke tool.
Thanks! 馃檹馃檹馃檹馃

1 - 9 of 9 Posts