Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Need to drop engine to replace rear A/C lines?

An A/C tech looked at our '05 Odyssey Touring today. I knew we had a leak somewhere in the refrigerant lines, but gave up on trying to find the leak (I used dye, black lights, etc., and could not find it). I was hoping that the leak would be near on O-ring or something similarly easy to fix.

He said that the leak was in my rear a/c line and I'd have to take it to a dealer for repair. He said that the engine would need to be dropped and they would need to remove a "bunch of stuff" to get to the line. He said I can probably figure on $1200 to get this fixed at the dealer. Does this sound right?

I went through the service manual and found the diagram. Here's a pic.

Attachments

·
Registered
6,074 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Talked to a dealer. Looks like it is a slightly labor intensive job. I got quoted 600. I think the line itself is < $60. My dad and I might tackle it next weekend after we get the part(s). I guess a full evac and charge is 100 or so now days?

We're debating on trading it in now. We need a timing belt, 4 new run flats (haven't depaxed yet), and now this AC problem. It may be easier to just get an '08 with half or a third the miles.

Thanks.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts