Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would love to read your opinions on whether I should get beige or truffle interior on a white touring odyssey. We are still trying to decide whether to get a 2011 (only can find them locally in truffle) at a lower price and bit better apr OR wait for 2012 and get the beige leather at a big higher price and apr.

Just wondering what you guys might recommend. I have looked at pics of the interiors but it is so hard to tell even in good pics. We did look back in July at a van with truffle and it seemed really dark and made the interior feel smaller to me. But then I see pics that don't look as dark as I remember.

Anyone willing to loan some advice to a gal?? Thanks!!

·
Registered
35 Posts
my wife and i were deadset on the grey interior. we went to go test drive a TE and fell in love with the truffe. its basically a dark grey wit a brownish hue to it. its a very slick color, but like anything its totally subjective.

·
Registered
507 Posts
Personally, I'd get the white on truffle... But in a perfect world I'd get the new diamond white color and truffle if it comes with that. I wanted a white van orginally but don't like the Taffeta white.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I would vote for Truffle. We have the truffle interior, though with black exterior, but IMHO that is the best looking color. Good luck!

·
Registered
35 Posts
I got the truffle interior because it will hide the most dirt from the kids. I have the OEM all-weather floor mats and they look the best with the truffle.

If I had to do it again, I would get the weather tech mats in black. I think they give a little more coverage than the OEM. If you wanted to go with beige, they do come in that color.

Tom

·
Registered
6 Posts
I liked the beige color interior. It was more light on eyes and looked lively. Truffle looked dark and dull. Truffle hides the dirt under its color but do we really go that dirty?
See couple years old cars with both of these colors to decide how they age. I vote for beige interior.

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
Wow, I can't believe truffle is such a hit. At first my wife and I were going for an ASM exterior and truffle interior. That is until I saw truffle in person. We didn't like it at all. So we decided to go taffeta exterior (I really wish they had WDP a year ago) and beige interior.

I really like the beige! Looks more luxurious, and I don't find it gets that dirty. Only the wife's pants got some color on them but it washed off easily.
The one thing I must say is that our van is not a buffet on wheels.
Only time food is served in there is on long trips.

Also, with beige interior the carpets are fairly dark, so that's nice too.

Have you seen a beige interior in person? Make sure you see each color in person pictures don't give you the same effect.
Good luck with your decision.

·
Registered
29 Posts
We have the light grey and I need to keep cleaning it with leathr wipes... I think the dye from dark pants rubs off onto the top of the leather grain. We had no choice in color when we bought. Dark grey exterior light grey interior. My choice would have been the mocha/truffle combo..

·
Registered
301 Posts
I have a Taffeta with Truffle leather and love the color combo, I am not normally a fan of beige interiors. My last two cars had black interiors so the truffle does not look very dark to me because I am used to black. My wife and I just love the Truffle color and how it flows inside and especially how good it goes with the Tafetta.

Plus you say you can get an 11 with truffle for less money and the lower apr, that is a no brainer to me.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Don't be too concerned with how the interior color will look against the exterior. You should spend some time sitting (outside in natural light) in the truffle and in the beige, hopefully the same day at the same place, and decide which is most pleasing. The beige is a warmer tone, and the truffle somewhat cooler, but it's really a matter of personal preference - I don't think you can go wrong either way. (Full disclosure - our '11 Touring is PM with gray).

·
Registered
8 Posts
Go with Truffle

i had read about a lot of people having dye transfer from their dark jeans and pants onto the light beige leather. Why risk dealing with that?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Has anyone seen dye/color transfer problems on their beige leather interior? Thank you? How is that one holding up?

·
Registered
116 Posts
I thought I wanted truffle but noticed no accessories came in that color or matched well with it. So I went with beige and I am glad I did. Color holds up well, some dye transfer from my jeans but minimal and it cleans off easily.

·
Registered
457 Posts
I opted for the truffle with my WDP and I am very glad I did. The All Season Mats in black go perfectly with the truffle. Depending on the light the truffle shifts from a brown to grey and back again. IMO, the truffle goes best with the WDP but it is not the most common combo as beige is much more common. I had to wait a good while to find the WDP/Truffle but I am VERY happy I waited to get exactly what I wanted.
Good luck! John

1 - 20 of 28 Posts