Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I got the balls to call and make my appointment for my 06 ody to go in for the brake recall. It's my wife's only car so so I figured that it was a worth a shot asking for a loaner, given that it's a Honda issue that my ody is going in for. Well seems I'm not the only one that they have saud no after reading tons of posts in here. I dislike dealers for stupid policies like this, when I ask why they wouldn't given the reason my ody was going in the lady on the other side became a b¥+<h and got all defensive.
They said that they work with enterprise and I could get a cat for 35 bucks a day. I can get a car on my own for 15 bucks, what kind if special is that.
They didn't even offer a shuttle service which I had to ask for later on. Tho it seems that I live too far for that too. And yeah, this has been covered, I'm new to the forum and I'm just venting out.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Moreno0127 sorry to hear about the problems with the dealer.
I try do some of the maintenance, but when I had to do the 160,000KM
Timing belt package, I took it to a dealer here in Mississauga, Meadowvale Honda,
and they were great. They shuttled me home and picked me back up, gave me a free
oil change, no labor on Transmission fluid drain, and no charge on the Timing belt tensioner, both part and labor.

I had started this thread:
http://www.odyclub.com/forums/16-dealer-stories/148895-meadowvale-honda-dealer-mississauga.html

I think you should mention their name, and make everybody aware, including them, of
the poor customer service.

What year is your Ody?

·
Registered
2,604 Posts
I usually make a point to research a lot of this stuff before I buy a vehicle. I'll pay a little more to get better service down the road. Our nearest Honda dealer sucks big time...but a little longer drive gets a very professional one that gives loaners to people that originally bought their vehicle from them. I would make sure you take that into consideration next time you buy. I'm sure it's possible NONE offer anything like that in your area, but it's worth a shot. $15 for a loaner...I wouldn't even argue with that....it would be cheaper to just rent one every day instead of buying a car.

·
Registered
54 Posts
So I got the balls to call and make my appointment for my 06 ody to go in for the brake recall. It's my wife's only car so so I figured that it was a worth a shot asking for a loaner, given that it's a Honda issue that my ody is going in for. Well seems I'm not the only one that they have saud no after reading tons of posts in here. I dislike dealers for stupid policies like this, when I ask why they wouldn't given the reason my ody was going in the lady on the other side became a b¥+<h and got all defensive.
They said that they work with enterprise and I could get a cat for 35 bucks a day. I can get a car on my own for 15 bucks, what kind if special is that.
They didn't even offer a shuttle service which I had to ask for later on. Tho it seems that I live too far for that too. And yeah, this has been covered, I'm new to the forum and I'm just venting out.
Loaners are something that each dealer sets up on their own. It's a major hassle with Honda loaners as people (customers who think they're getting ripped off by the dealer and don't want to pay them for squat because everything should be free or its a defect) don't return them with the same amount of fuel, damage them, maintaining them, etc. People don't seem to understand the cost of keeping a fleet of cars, let alone people who expect them and didn't buy their cars from that dealer.

If you can get a car for 15 bucks, do it. By the time they add on all the taxes, 35 is a great rate.

·
Registered
45 Posts
My brake recall didn't take that long. Most loaners have a specific time that the repair has to take.I wouldn't expect a loaner in such a case really.My deal does offer shutttle service tho> have only rented a car two time for service and the rental delivered the car and picked it up at dealer when returned. I thin perhaps that 15 dollar rental tells the reason they don't.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts