Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Am I losing it? I have never seen a
Red Rock Pearl Ody in NJ. Never.
Plenty of MB, GG and Silver. But no RRP.
I have also noted that the forum posters
from NJ have no RRPs. What is going on?

Also- Anyone in NJ getting below MSRP?

------------------
'02 ODY?
'91 Toyota Camry
'97 BMW 528i

·
Registered
39 Posts
I sat in one!! We were looking at an RRP EX-L at Joyce Honda in Denville during my aborted attempt at upgrading our 2000 DEP EX. The dealer claimed that the most he could spare on a trade-in was $21,500 so we decided to add aftermarket leather and live with the 2000 for now.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hi, I'm not from NJ but am in Maryland, just a few hours away... I've only seen one on the road, the others have been at the dealer: 1 for service, 1 a gussied up EXL.

Mine comes in next week, and I'll be in NJ, I hope, after Christmas visiting my brother in Basking Ridge. So, there may be a sighting soon. I believe a bunch are coming in the current shipment, as we had two on order (both RRP) and they both shipped the same day.

I think we'll start seeing more very soon. It's VERY PRETTY!

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
I've seen only one <font color=red>Redrock</font> (RP) in Illinois other than ours, and that was at our dealer's.

Our dealer held off ordering any <font color=red>Redrock</font> Pearls for his stock until he had seen the RP for himself.

Regards,

Maugham

<a href="http://www.geocities.com/rody2rk]www.geocities.com/rody2rk">See our <font color=red>Redrock</font> Pearl Ody</a><font size=-5><font color=yellow><center>

[This message has been edited by Maugham (edited 11-30-2001).]

·
Registered
854 Posts
i live in nj and have missed buying 2 red rock by hours. frustrating!!!! just cold calling dealers while i wait for my order, sometime in january. my dealer has a red res coming dec 17th. don't know if it's taken by now. i am holding out nav.

·
Registered
207 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Maugham:
I've seen only one <font color=red>Redrock</font> (RP) in Illinois other than ours, and that was at our dealer's.</font>
I have yet to see one on the road but my dealer had one on his lot (for someone else, of course). It was a RES but it has been the only RP I've seen on his lot in circa two months of observation. Most all of the ones I've seen have been MB or SS. Haven't seen an EP nor have I seen a NAV in any color.

[This message has been edited by Homer (edited 12-01-2001).]

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by albaby:
I've seen several. They look very Dodge/Chrysler. Al</font>
<center>Ouch
!</center>

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have had a RRP EX on order since September and have yet to see any here in Jersey. We spotted one while on vacation in Maryland in November. Started following the driver around as he searched for a parking space: probably thought we were stalking!

Doug

------------------

·
Registered
67 Posts
Same here. I ordered RRP EX in Sep. The dealer says that it will come this month, but who knows. BTW, I saw RRP in NJ once on Rt 9. But just once for these three months.

·
Registered
478 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by albaby:
I've seen several. They look very Dodge/Chrysler.

Al
</font>
Bite your tongue!
Actually, the red DC vans do look pretty nice.
The RRP is still pretty rare-even here in So. Cal. I have only seen one other one in a WalMart parking lot! I do notice looks from drivers of the more "common" color Odys-not necessarily admiring, just curious most likely.

------------------
'02 RRP EX NAV
Mudguards,cargo tray,Weathertech mats, Bug deflector, lampguards, gold emblems,
17" TSW Spirit wheels with 235/55 Dunlop Sport A2 tires
More stuff on the way...
GOD BLESS AMERICA!!

·
Registered
8 Posts
I guess they found the red paint out in the warehouse. I have 3 dealers in North Jersey expecting RRP EXs next week! 2 gave me real VIN #s to prove it. Just in time for Christmas.
Doug

·
Registered
185 Posts
I was offered one off the lot in the mid-Hudson Valley, New York about a month ago. I would have jumped except I didn't want (can't afford) the NAV system.

·
Registered
160 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by ody:
I do notice looks from drivers of the more "common" color Odys-not necessarily admiring, just curious most likely.</font>
Our salesman told us that anyone that knows anything about Hondas will know that ours is a brand new 2002 since it's... Red Rock Pearl.

I felt so-o-o-o elite.

And yeah, albaby, bite your tongue. It's the same until you park nose to nose with one. Then it's different.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Picked up my RRP EX from Academy Old Bridge last night. It's for my wife, but she is gun shy about driving it in holiday traffic so I got to drive it to work today. I like it so much, I'm not sure if I will give it back to her.

Overall, the dealer experience was OK. I had to wait 3 months for delivery but they came through with 5.44% financing and a good deal on the extended warranty. Salesman put the big push on for all 5s on his rating. Even threw in a gold key ring - "Since you were so patient about waiting. Not everyone gets one you know!"
Only complaints are the gas tank sloshing when it is full and the speedometer: digital would be nice. It has the classic round analog style with not enough numbers on it.
It is a great driving machine with plenty of power and a smooth ride. Has the thickest manual I ever saw - 386 pages in all.
Look for me in the Central Jersey area.

Doug

[This message has been edited by stillwaitingnj (edited 12-13-2001).]

·
Registered
43 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Even threw in a gold key ring - "Since you were so patient about waiting. Not everyone gets one you know!"
[/B]</font>
Just for the record.. I ordered the cargo tray and mudguards from hondaparts4you.
I package came with on Honda gold color key ring. ( I think there is more than one type).
Not a big deal but a pleasant surprise. Did not get one of these from the dealer when I bought the van!!

[This message has been edited by honda4 (edited 12-13-2001).]

1 - 16 of 16 Posts