Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2000 Ody owner here. Bought it used from an elderly couple with 127k miles on it. The couple took very good care of it and it's in top notch condition save for some dings on the exterior, nothing major. I bought it through Craigslist. The carfax also came back perfect.

I'm praying I don't have any tranny problems as a friend of mine has a 00 Ody and he's going on his third one.

I also own a '97 Accord SE with 177k miles on it and that has been a great car.

I need to perform some minor fixes to the 00 Ody including changing the clock light, fixing the dome lights, fixing the rear lock (it sticks sometimes) and maybe fixing the hold mechanism on the drivers door when it's open.

I also want to add some iPod functionality to the OEM stereo and a ATF cooler. It came with a class C tow hitch that we plan to use to tow a horse or two.

Later on down the line, I may add some fog lights if I'm feeling brave enough.

I'm a husband and dad of two young boys (3) and (1).

Glad to find this forum.

·
Registered
6,074 Posts
Glad to have you visit the site!

Search on "clock light bulb" for replacement. Some have lightly rapped on the top of the dash over the light and the clock light came back to life.

The rear hatch latch on the bottom of the sill on the chassis has some Phillips screws that periodically come loose. Tighten them and add Loctite.

Consider upgrading the door (and rear) speakers for an easy and inexpensive way to upgrade the stock stereo.

Check out the link in my signature line below on info on the 2001 model which is very similar to the 2000.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts