Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone!

We just purchased our 11 Touring Elite on Tuesday night.

So far so good... the only problem we are having is that the driver side sliding door doesn't seem to want to open.

i'm hoping it's something simple that we overlooked and not an issue, which we need to bring the vehicle to the dealer.

anyways, it doesn't want to automatically open. actually, what happens is that the door doesn't unlock. reading the owner's manual, we get the 3 beeps, which says that the door is locked, but when I try to unlock the doors... it stays locked. checked the child lock and it's in the correct position. when i try to manually unlock the door, the lock fights me and pulls the latch back down to the lock position. if i hold it up, it'll release and stay unlocked, which at that point, i can manually open the sliding door.

read on here on some earlier posts that the gas door open will cause the door to not unlock.

does this sound like a bad lock solenoid?

does anyone know if you get a light on the dash if you accidently open the gas door?

thanks!

oh... and this thing drives and handles almost like an accord. after a while, you loose the sense that you're driving a minivan.

:)

·
Registered
29 Posts
Did you check the fuel door? When fuel door is open, the side door automatically locked. I think 2011 automatically unlock as well when the fuel door is closed. Have you tried to unlock from the front instead of at the door?

·
Registered
3,163 Posts
Open the fuel door and look inside. Check the switch plunger to see if it is working. Check the flap on the inside of the door to see if it is bent to where it doesn't push the switch plunger. While there make sure the cap is tight.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
come to think of it, i'm about 90% sure that it's due to the fuel door.

i remember poping the hood and accidently pulling the fuel door lever slightly.

i'll try this out asap and report.

thanks!

·
Registered
37 Posts
Well at least you're used to having issues......owning an RS6 and all.....take it to the dealer, let them fix it.

·
Registered
712 Posts
a4000 said:
Well at least you're used to having issues......owning an RS6 and all.....take it to the dealer, let them fix it.
Ouch! Welcome to the Odyclub!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
diagnosis -

fuel door not fully latched

hahahahha

that was my fault.

oopps
:stupid:

yeah, the rs6 is not a "reliable" vehicle.
but, i've done everything on it myself.... so, i'm getting to the point of doing stuff with my eyes closed on it.
hahahaha
:D

·
Registered
37 Posts
terrytcl said:
diagnosis -

yeah, the rs6 is not a "reliable" vehicle.
but, i've done everything on it myself.... so, i'm getting to the point of doing stuff with my eyes closed on it.
hahahaha
:D
I still want one though..:D

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Registered
196 Posts
terrytcl said:
when i try to manually unlock the door, the lock fights me and pulls the latch back down to the lock position. if i hold it up, it'll release and stay unlocked, which at that point, i can manually open the sliding door.
Another little hidden fact in the owner's manual:

Refueling
When you release the fuel fill door, the driver’s side sliding door automatically locks so it cannot open and interfere with the fuel door. If a passenger attempts to unlock the door by cycling the lock knob several times, the door can be opened.

·
Registered
712 Posts
Also if your rear windows are open, even a crack, the sliding doors won't open all the way, this prevents guillotining someone if they have their head sticking out.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts