Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well- Wife's 2000 odyssey with its 190k hard miles-has been wonderful, but the transmission dropped on the pavement last night at a stop light!

Time for a new car. Not sure which to buy- 2010, Gen. 3 has probably had the kinks worked out by now and the Gen 4 is just starting the list of service bulletins.

I want reliability- base model. what would you do?
Where would you go to find a good deal, new or with 20-30k on it??

Opinions, advise welcomed!

Thanks!~:tongue:

·
Registered
57 Posts
I just bought a 2010 LX with 19999 miles for $19999. I love it and currently looking to add headrest video and sirius backseat TV. I don't care about billion dollar options that can be had for much cheaper if you know how to do the install.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That is the type of deal I need-

Can you kindly provide me with some ideas on where to find a deal like that?
I do not need the billion dollar tech. surround sound package either...since I won't be driving it:)

·
Registered
57 Posts
I'm still wondering what's going on myself. I know the last owner was playing bumper cars with it but superficial scratches don't bother me that much and most can be buffed out. Metallic grey paint too! It's actually a certified Honda so I'm even more confused but so far so good. The thing was listed at $22K but with my trade in (million mile Durango) it turned into a "get it under $400/month" game and in the end I got it for 399.99/month with $100K bumper to bumper warranty.

·
Registered
632 Posts
It depends on which body style you want. Gen 3's enormous boxy body or Gen 4's huge as Grand Canyon sliding door tracks. Anyway you cant go wrong with LX (base model) No VCM issues to deal with esp on Gen 3 which the engine mounts go bad with VCM. At the end of the day, it comes down to what you're comfortable paying. By the way I do have 09 EXLRES and I'm biased towards Gen 3.

·
Registered
3,974 Posts
Can you kindly provide me with some ideas on where to find a deal like that?
Try autotrader.com or cars.com. Sounds like engfant got a good deal on a low mileage 2010 LX, but I see plenty of 08-10 LXs available around me. Within a 50 mile radius of me, there are about 2 dozen LXs in the $18k-$22k range, many of them with below 30k miles. Good luck in your search.

·
Registered
58 Posts
If money is not a issue, then 11 Ody. will gives more refinement and safety features. I sold my 08 EX-L/RES in April and bought 11 Ody. Touring. I have not reqrets even after I wrote the check. My wife is happy and so am I. :DD

·
Registered
730 Posts
I thinking about the same thing before I bought. But the spread between a 2011 and a 2008-2010 was not wide enough for me to go used. Also, if I was going to buy used, it had to a Touring or loaded EX-L. This was pre Japan, so the dealers were pretty aggressive. I ended up going with a 2011 EX-L.

·
Registered
427 Posts
If money is not a issue, then 11 Ody. will gives more refinement and safety features. I sold my 08 EX-L/RES in April and bought 11 Ody. Touring. I have not reqrets even after I wrote the check. My wife is happy and so am I. :DD
Agreed.. as long as the OP can afford to do so...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts