Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Owned a 2001 LX for ten years, 155,000 miles. Tranny started to die, so I traded it on a 2011 EX. Love it. My Wife puts lots of miles on it with three active kids and we love it on road trips. Owned it since July 26th, have ~2600 miles on it already. Quiet, smooth, lots of refinements since 2001 for sure. Live in Colorado Springs.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi,

Owned a 2001 LX for ten years, 155,000 miles. Tranny started to die, so I traded it on a 2011 EX. Love it. My Wife puts lots of miles on it with three active kids and we love it on road trips. Owned it since July 26th, have ~2600 miles on it already. Quiet, smooth, lots of refinements since 2001 for sure. Live in Colorado Springs.
Wow your a dedicated Odyssey dude, hope to hear good things about your minivan. I have the exact same model and year also. Cheers !

·
Registered
2 Posts
I would think again before buying a new Honda Odyssey. Today at 16K miles, my check engine light came on, it started to smoke, and made the worst noise I ever heard come out of an engine. It had to be towed back to the dealership. Now they are telling me that the spool valve failed. This is first new vehicle that I had fail in less than a year. Honda let me down.

·
Registered
2 Posts
2011 Odyssey left me stranded today

I would think again before buying a new Honda Odyssey. Today at 16K miles, my check engine light came on, it started to smoke, and made the worst noise I ever heard come out of an engine. It had to be towed back to the dealership. Now they are telling me that the spool valve failed. This is first new vehicle that I had fail in less than a year. Honda let me down.

·
Registered
218 Posts
mmmm. Spool valve. I'll keep that in mine once it reaches that mileage. I got 12 miles on it now. Long way to go. Come on honda! It should have been made in Japan!! Just kidding american folks!!

·
Registered
507 Posts
Every car model has problems. There isn't a single model of vehicle that has had every single unit make it past 16k without an issue. Why would your misfortune cause someone to pause from buying the same car?

·
Registered
218 Posts
Sorry to hear of your honda giving up on you at 16k. I'm curious, was this repair covered under factory warranty? You know, the 3 year or 36,000 warranty? I really hope so.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts