Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bought my 2019 odyssey two weeks ago. At about 200 miles my breaks started to squeak. It’s a high pitched squeal when I apply the break to stop. Sounds like a school bus breaking. Brought it to the delearship was told everything looked ok and it was safe to drive. They applied anti-squeal and also lightly filed my rear right pad. Still squeaks! Honda told the dealership I haven’t even broken in the car yet and I need to wait until 1,000 miles until they investigate further. I told them it could be my break pads to just switch them out. They said it may not fix the problem. I’m pissed because they aren’t doing anything right now and they could at least be looking at options to eliminate as the problem. Any one else having this issue or had it? If so what was the fix? I’m thinking it could be the rotors too.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Bought my 2019 odyssey two weeks ago. At about 200 miles my breaks started to squeak. It’s a high pitched squeal when I apply the break to stop. Sounds like a school bus breaking. Brought it to the delearship was told everything looked ok and it was safe to drive. They applied anti-squeal and also lightly filed my rear right pad. Still squeaks! Honda told the dealership I haven’t even broken in the car yet and I need to wait until 1,000 miles until they investigate further. I told them it could be my break pads to just switch them out. They said it may not fix the problem. I’m pissed because they aren’t doing anything right now and they could at least be looking at options to eliminate as the problem. Any one else having this issue or had it? If so what was the fix? I’m thinking it could be the rotors too.
I've worked at a Honda dealership before and this is usually due to the cars sitting. The moisture and rain creates a later of rust on the rotors. It may take some time or a few hard brakes to get rid of it. It could even be something else but, the car is so new their can't be any damage. Another thing I thought about was glazing. This will happen when the pad gets heated up on the rotor and pretty much bakes the resin on the rotors. The stuff they put on the pads really just helps with noise when braking. I think you should try and figure it out yourself. Take a metal wire brush attachment for a drill and try to scuff of the rotors and the pad surface. See if this will help. Make sure to do it on both sides of the rotor. People at dealerships can't diagnosis anything or try to help customers because they can't problem solve. They want you in quick and out quick and on to the next.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
38 Posts
Since day one in my Odyssey I can hear a low squeal when I rear up the van. I have reported the difficulty to several workings who have worked on the van. They tell me the brakes are fine; they don't know why the van squeal. Any ideas on why this happens?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
About this Discussion
3 Replies
3 Participants
Maria Linda
Honda Odyssey Forum
Odyclub community is the #1 forum to discuss all things Honda Odyssey: minivans, safety, service maintenance, mods, and more.
Full Forum Listing