Honda Odyssey Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
We put a deposit on a new EX-L in OBP. So far I ordered the Timbren SES and picked up a X2Power Battery. Please let me know if there are any other urgent needs.
Thanks all,
DocWood

Update with pics!
Got her in today!!!!!

·
Registered
2020 Honda Odyssey EX-L, Platinum White Pearl on Mocha Brown Leather
1,392 Posts
Urgent? No. But if you will have anyone ride in the third row seat, you may want to look into retrofitting third row speakers and sun shades at the same time.

Reactions: DocWood

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Urgent? No. But if you will have anyone ride in the third row seat, you may want to look into retrofitting third row speakers and sun shades at the same time.
Awesome! Kids are 4, 2 and a NB so speakers are not a thing for us atm. Sunshades I will look into ASAP.

·
Registered
70 Posts
You could retrofit the third row windows with the Elite shades? I would love to do this in my '18 EX-L.

Could anyone provide more info?

·
Registered
467 Posts
I read a lil’ bit about this. Still on the fence whether this is needed or not but 100% on my radar. Thanks!
this was a reply from an owner of VCMTuner, I had exact same question
"

Yes, the 2007+ VCMTUNER II fits a 2018 and newer odyssey. We have customers w/ 2019 models and 80k miles already who came to us complaining to the dealer about 1-2 qts of oil consumption and the dealer just tells them this is expected on these vehicles.

Honda's firmware updated in 2015 to minimize the damage but effectively they are trying to get the cars to not destroy the cat converter w/ oil consumption so they can get around the 150k mile warranty the EPA/Carb makes manufacturers guarantee on a stock unit. The oil consumption gums up the cat and eventually plugs it up costing about $2500-$3000. With the vcm disabled on my own personal vehicle I am getting 200k out of the stock cat so far.. this is on a 2007 model. Hope to get 250k. Plus the engine mounts will last the life of the vehicle w/ the vcm disabled, as well as minimize the ring damage from oil/gas mixing together during vcm activation causing a loss of compression and plug fouling.

Sincerely,"

·
Registered
467 Posts
We put a deposit on a new EX-L in OBP. So far I ordered the Timbren SES and picked up a X2Power Battery. Please let me know if there are any other urgent needs.
Thanks all,
DocWood
Few things to do is a proper tint. So kids feel better and car doesn't get too hot. That rear "tint" isn't a tint, it just a privacy glass, just darker regular glass, it doesn't keep UV, heat away from the interior of your van.
Also do front 3M film protection, if you using your van for longer rides it will help to keep scratches, bugs and keeps the paint fresh for years

·
Registered
2020 Honda Odyssey EX
239 Posts
We have customers w/ 2019 models and 80k miles already who came to us complaining to the dealer about 1-2 qts of oil consumption and the dealer just tells them this is expected on these vehicles.

This is why I have VCM Tuner2 on my Gen 5.

·
Registered
467 Posts
This is why I have VCM Tuner2 on my Gen 5.
can you show where to plug the VCM tuner? I don't want to mess up anything when installing, is there a video that shows how to install it?
Also, did you get any MPG drop with all 6 cylinders working all the time?

·
Registered
2020 Honda Odyssey EX
239 Posts
On the Gen 5, I just had to take the plastic engine cover off and you’d see what you need to unplug. Plug it to the receiving end of the tuner and plug the other end in it’s place. Of course remember to run the 12 volts cable to the + battery if you have the tuner2.

I felt no difference in MPG. With the size and weight of our vans, your driving habit will dictate the MPG. I mean, VCM is not active when accelerating. It comes on once you “coast” or reach a constant speed.

If you are fond of jack-rabbit starts, expect to get less mileage whether or not you have a muzzler installed. The good thing with the muzzler is, you have instant response from all 6 cylinders.

Reactions: KYRGYZ and tyman

·
Registered
467 Posts
On the Gen 5, I just had to take the plastic engine cover off and you’d see what you need to unplug. Plug it to the receiving end of the tuner and plug the other end in it’s place. Of course remember to run the 12 volts cable to the + battery if you have the tuner2.

I felt no difference in MPG. With the size and weight of our vans, your driving habit will dictate the MPG. I mean, VCM is not active when accelerating. It comes on once you “coast” or reach a constant speed.

If you are fond of jack-rabbit starts, expect to get less mileage whether or not you have a muzzler installed. The good thing with the muzzler is, you have instant response from all 6 cylinders.
thank you! This and my pedal commander will do a great job together :D

·
Registered
2020 Honda Odyssey EX
239 Posts
thank you! This and my pedal commander will do a great job together :D
You’re welcome!

I would love to try the pedal commander but I just know my wife won’t let me. Or if I install it and she drives my car, she might crash..

·
Registered
176 Posts
You might want to reconsider the VCM Tuner while under warranty as they will look for any reason to void your warranty. Also on these there’s really been no definitive proof the vcm is even an issue like on the older models.

·
Registered
2020 Honda Odyssey EX
239 Posts
You might want to reconsider the VCM Tuner while under warranty as they will look for any reason to void your warranty.
I removed mine prior to taking my 2020 in for the FAKRA repair. But I have kept them on for oil changes at the dealer. No issues there.

Also on these there’s really been no definitive proof the vcm is even an issue like on the older models.
I have no interest in starting a debate re: VCM on the Gen 5 as there are enough of those already across the different model years. I’m happy with the muzzler on my cars. To each their own, I guess.

Reactions: DocWood

·
Registered
2 Posts
Серега привет,
Я использовал твой инвойс из дилерской в Marysville и взял себе весь набор запчастей для Хонда моей жены. Вышло $400 с налогами. Спасибо за информацию.
Ещё такой вопрос: какие диски и резину ты поставил и думаешь ли о замене тормозных колодок и дисков на более мощные или больше в диаметре? Можешь писать мне на электронку [email protected].
Заранее спасибо.

·
Registered
467 Posts
Серега привет,
Я использовал твой инвойс из дилерской в Marysville и взял себе весь набор запчастей для Хонда моей жены. Вышло $400 с налогами. Спасибо за информацию.
Ещё такой вопрос: какие диски и резину ты поставил и думаешь ли о замене тормозных колодок и дисков на более мощные или больше в диаметре? Можешь писать мне на электронку [email protected].
Заранее спасибо.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts