Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, my wife and I have been looking for an odyssey for a while now, and after a few false starts, I think we are headed from our home in Western NY to Rhode Island to pick up a 2000 EX. Its blue, and within our price range to pay for it with cash. Timing belt was done, and we've got approx 30k more miles before it needs to be done again(183,000) I plan within the next couple weeks(weather permitting) on changing the transmission solinoid filters, adding a magnafine filter and adding a decent size ATF cooler. With 3 kids we needed something bigger than the wifes echo to make any sort of driving around enjoyable. Also going to throw on some Michelin X-ICE tires for the winter time. I've been looking through all the posts, and just wanted to thank everyone for the helpful information that allowed me to make an informed decision on what the improvements I need to make to keep it running for a long time to come.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Alright, so the trip was a success, my wife loves it and it made it home all set. Today I broke a plastic piece on the drivers side sliding door, so now we just have to press in up top until it seats, new part being ordered tomorrow!

It is a nice van, it certainly does not handle like a slug at all, and the power plant is capable and quiet. My wife is all set for a few years, then she has already said we'll look for another odyssey just several years newer.

·
Registered
7,508 Posts
Congratulations. I bought a used 2001 EX, and have since sold it (at only about 70,000 miles) to a neighbor's in-law. He's run through 150,000 miles in a couple years, and is still driving a lot. The previous owner changed the ATF religiously, as did I, and th seems to be a way to increase the odds of improving transmission longevity.

OF

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yep, I have a 70 dollar order sitting at amsoil.com and a magnafine filter order for the end of this week. At the price we paid, it needs to last 3 years minimum.

Probably buy the cooler in the spring, along with the trailer hitch.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts