Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
747 Posts
I have emailed Ron directly, but any idea if this would work on our radios (I have an LX). Cost?

·
Registered
255 Posts
I'm curious to see a pic of the adaptor. I too have an RF modulator for my video install. I have to put a power switch on it otherwise if it's on all the time, it will overpower all FM stations and I hear static or a faint station. Plus, it woul be much simpler to hit the CD button twice to get audio....

·
Registered
1,993 Posts
Such a device has been available in the VW world for awhile now.

I bought a Blaupunkt radio that has not only CD changer input but also AUX 2 input; and in fact, Blaupunkt has AUX in adapters for both of these, with the CD changer interface being AUX1 and the other being AUX2. WARNING: the CD changer interface may be rated for a huge voltage input, something like 2v. That's how it was with my Blau head unit. I opted instead for the AUX2 adapter plug, which is meant for 500mv input. Works great.

So, if you get this adapter for your factory radio and plug it into your CD changer slot and then plug an external source in, don't be surprised if you're thinking that the volume is awfully low from that source.

Overall, though, it's a superb idea. EVERY car radio ought to have an AUX in.

·
Registered
883 Posts
For you EX owners, check here.

Your EX radio is set up to play the NAVI sound, and if you don't have NAVI you can use it that input to play your video system audio. THhething is you can play radio/CD up front and video in the back. It takes some diplomacy to manage the competing sounds ;), but it's manageable. I use it with my 9" TV/VCR but I'm sure you could wire it in for a built in system as well.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The cost is $75 + Shipping.

I found the volume to be identical to the RF modulator. The sound is just much cleaner and crisper.

The good thing is, this goes directly to the factory radio. No extra toggle switches or anything. Just hit the CD button twice, and all you'll see is CD 99 Disc 1 .

·
Registered
747 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
After being told by someone (not Ron) at Streeteffectz that they don't have any in stock, I purchased one from http://www.logjamelectronics.com/piehonaux.html. This little device is AWSOME! My audio on video playback is soooo much better with it plus I don't hear any more hisses from a FM modulator. Everyone that uses a FM modulator should get one.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Details on Group Buy from Ron are in:

I will set this up on the acuramdx.org, however if you guys want to participate I will try to coordinate it.

It's basically $65 shipped for 10+ orders, $60 shipped for 20+ orders.

For the adapter with CD Changer outpt (for Alpine changers only) those with external CD changers it's $75 shipped for 10+ and $70 shippe for 20+ orders .

This will work with in-dash 6 disk changer confirmed by Acura and Blitz.

Single orders are $75 shipped.

pangpang

·
Registered
24 Posts
Does it work with 2003 EX-L with navigation? I would like to add external CD changer later on. If the port on the back of the radio is plug in with this adapter, how do I add external CD changer later on?

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
engster said:
Does it work with 2003 EX-L with navigation? I would like to add external CD changer later on. If the port on the back of the radio is plug in with this adapter, how do I add external CD changer later on?
"For the adapter with CD Changer outpt (for Alpine changers only) those with external CD changers it's $75 shipped for 10+ and $70 shippe for 20+ orders ."

I assume this will work with the 2003 EX-L with Navi. The adapter has an extra output so you can plug in a CD Changer later.

E-mail Ron at [email protected] if you want to be sure.

·
Registered
24 Posts
If you add a cd changer later on, how does it know to pick the audio in from the adapter instead of CD changer, or vice versa?

·
Registered
747 Posts
I am. I have talked to Ron and he did confirm it will work in conjunction with a Honda CD changer / single disk player or an alpine changer.

·
Registered
17 Posts
product details

Can somone please post a ur to the product web site. I am interested but would like more details!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Re:product details

The url listed below does not seem to be for this product. It doesn't say anything about a rca input. I guess I will make some calls on Monday. Is blitzsafe the same as "pie"??

Re: product details

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by tn1
Can somone please post a ur to the product web site. I am interested but would like more details!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://www.blitzsafe.com/blitz_cata...dalp_dmxv1.html

·
Registered
616 Posts
pangpang77 said:
The cost is $75 + Shipping.

I found the volume to be identical to the RF modulator. The sound is just much cleaner and crisper.

The good thing is, this goes directly to the factory radio. No extra toggle switches or anything. Just hit the CD button twice, and all you'll see is CD 99 Disc 1 .
I believe this same device is also available at autotoys. My friend has one from them and it does what is described above. Autotoys Part HONDAMP3 for $81.95.
http://store.autotoys.com/cgi-bin/w...607c946274ed8f5a502064b/Product/View/HONDAMP3

BrianB

1 - 20 of 22 Posts