Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, I had a 4 channel amp installed and since the installation the check engine light came on and will not clear out. It is throwing the O2 sensor code. What could be wrong? Could it just be a strange coincidence that the sensor went bad at the exact time the amp was installed? Of course best buy claims they did nothing to affect it but the dealer tried to reset the code and it will not clear. Also, since then the ECO light on the dash never some on, so I assume they are related. Please help!!!

·
Registered
3,163 Posts
You or someone is going to have to take the wiring diagrams and a voltmeter and diagnosing the problem. What was the O2 senser code? Was it heater voltage, oxygen level? There are several different codes for the O2 sensers. Did they go back and verify all the wiring? No simple answer. It has to be diagnosed to determine the problem.

·
Registered
755 Posts
your VCM won't work if CEL is on. When our old 05 ody got a p0420 code with a CEL light, the VCM never worked till the code was cleared.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Cool, thanks for your replies. Looks like I will have to take it in. Should I take it to the dealer, so will an independent shop work?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Got it all figured out. When the installer was fishing the power wire through the fire wall, a ware got snipped. I walked into Bestbuy expecting a fight but there were more than happy to help me out and if they couldn't let Honda do the job for $1,700. For all of you out there looking to get aftermarket stereo stuff, I highly recommend Best Buy for their awesome customer support. I am now a definite customer for life!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts