Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a 07. I just put the fogligth in the bumper but need to do the wiring..
Can someone help me with the wiring. I'm looking for the positive and grown in the cabin

·
Registered
176 Posts
properly wired fog lights work like this.

A relay is installed so the relay on controll circuit is powered by the low beam circuit, this allows the fog lights to only be ON with low beams and can not be ON with high beams. This is the LAW in most all North America. (std odyssey uses fuse #6 under hood)

The relay controlled curcuit uses key on power supplied through a switch to supply power to the fog lamps. so when switch is OFF the fog lights will not come on, when switch is on fog lights will only come on with low beam lights.

One wire of each lamp gets grounded, other goes to #30 relay pin, #87 relay pin to switch #1 , switch #2 to key power, fused and capable of min 20amps. relay #85 to ground, relay#86 to fuse#6 via add a circuit under hood. Voila Fog lights.

We charge 1.5 hrs in a shop to do this, Parts, wiring are around $50

Al

·
Registered
176 Posts
kinda my point, you are ? or need some who can hook them up such that they work proper and dont harm your existing system , there are knowledgabe tech all over, you can talk to guy's in your area

Al

1 - 11 of 11 Posts