Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I thought I saw mention of a different style cupholder for the 2002 model in another post. I went to www.hondacars.com and checked out all the photos and videos I could but all the shots of the cupholders looked the same as on our 2000 model. We find all but the 2 dash mounted cupholders totally useless for 99% of the drinks we carry and have been thinking about ways to fix them to make them usable. It would be nice to let the kids put a kids'-size McDonald's cup in them without falling out...

I've spilled an entire cup of coffee twice because I used the center console tray to hold the cup. I have often thought about cutting the bottoms out of the "cuptrays" to at least hold my travel mug a little better!

What cupholders changed on the 2002 models?

·
Registered
747 Posts
The new cupholders for 2002 are on the 2nd row seats on the side. There are some posts here discussing how to install these on a pre 2002 if you wish.

·
Registered
255 Posts
I just finished the install of the '02 side cupholders on my '01 over the weekend. I'm very pleased with the results - these are very deep cupholders; hold a 20 oz. plastic bottle of pop very well. They're very convenient for the second row passengers, also. Here's the link to the thread on installing the cupholders: http://www.odyclub.com/ubb/Forum20/HTML/000084.html

Read through this; if you have any questions about the install, email me direct. I'd be glad to help.

·
Registered
205 Posts
The center console tray is no different in the 2002s - that is to say the cupholders are marginally useful at best. There must be an insert of some sort that you could buy at a Pep Boys that slots into the holders and providers a tighter, taller fit for beverage containers. We've had many a close spill (pun intended) with the center console cupholders. I agree that the dash slideout cupholders are the best, but they don't hold very big containers.

The holders on the sides of the second row seats are the best/most flexible, but they are no use if you're carrying toddlers in carseats there, as they can't reach them and neither can you...

·
Registered
596 Posts
The center tray on the Odyssey is barely "better than nothing". Give me the versitality of a well designed center console any day. But Honda will work this tray till the cows come home, trying to shove the concept up where the sun don't shine. I have noticed that they won't change until the last resort on stuff like that. PLUS, they know better than us. Just ask them why we couldn't get daytime running lights or heated mirrors on a US Odyssey if we were willing to pay for them.

Fred

1 - 5 of 5 Posts