Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3,066 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Why the change. The same thing happened to the crvownersclub.
Much more time consuming to use.
Was it a security problem or ?
Damn, change is not always good just for the sake of change.
It will take me some time to get used to this 'perfumed' approach.
Damn,
Buffalo4

·
Registered
139 Posts
I don't like it at all. Much less visually appealing than the former style.

DriveAccord made the same change about a week ago.

·
Registered
723 Posts
Agree. What's with the BIG different colored circles with a letter in them? Noticed it matches the first letter of our
login. Sure distracting! Get rid of them. Reminds me of colored balloons.

·
Administrator
400 Posts
Agree. What's with the BIG different colored circles with a letter in them? Noticed it matches the first letter of our
login. Sure distracting! Get rid of them. Reminds me of colored balloons.
That is the holder for your avatar. Have you tried adding one yet?

Let me know if you need help with it.

- Cricket

·
Registered
3,066 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
"All of the valuable and informative content archived within your community is still here, even though the layout may look a bit different"
A 'bit' different is a big understatement. I spend so much time trying to find anything now.

"No one should have to wait for information. This site has been built to be much faster and more reliable, period."
Period?. BS. It takes me longer to find anything. Yes, the site itself is quicker, but hard to find what I want.

"We have made the design clean and simple to focus on the areas the community uses the most and removed the clutter "
All I see is clutter and glitter. Who is trying to impress what group? Very difficult for me to browse.
Previously I could go to Problems and Concerns and see many different subjects on one page, etc.
Now, it is so much harder to see twenty different recent subjects in the group. and I really hate the damn 'blue' color showing the subjects. Pomp and glitter.

"Your home page now features the most active topics, viewed photos, recommended reading and top contributing members. This will help keep you the most up to date on what’s happening in your community."
Help me ? For me it is very difficult. I haven't even dared to put anything in the 'Search' Box.

"Please let us know what you think about the new experience, your feedback is important to us."
OK, I just did.

I guess I will just have to relearn how to browse and find what I want. Takes so damn long to see previous replies and problems with the new format.
Oh, well, some programmer or web designer is probably happier.
Good luck.
I don't want to have to relearn how to use this site, but I guess I will if want to continue to do so.
Hopefully I will adapt, but I'm not sure it is worth it.
What happened to the Stickies? Used to be very plain and simple to see and navigate.
I just now tried to highlight the above sentence and 'move' it and couldn't.
Oh well, can't stand in the way of 'PROGRESS'.
I kind of like the mechanics' motto. "If it aint' broke, don't fix it. "

Buffalo4

·
Registered
96 Posts
How do I search a single forum? Or a single thread? I see no way to do that anymore. I see only one SEARCH COMMUNITY bar

·
Registered
8,714 Posts
Is there a way to search a single forum?
I know you are looking for a solution within the site similar to what the old site had. I don't know if there is one, there may be.

As a workaround, in Google you can precede your search keywords with the URL of the desired forum, like this example:
If you already knew that technique, please ignore...just trying to help. :)

Dave

·
Administrator
400 Posts
"All of the valuable and informative content archived within your community is still here, even though the layout may look a bit different"
A 'bit' different is a big understatement. I spend so much time trying to find anything now.

"No one should have to wait for information. This site has been built to be much faster and more reliable, period."
Period?. BS. It takes me longer to find anything. Yes, the site itself is quicker, but hard to find what I want.

"We have made the design clean and simple to focus on the areas the community uses the most and removed the clutter "
All I see is clutter and glitter. Who is trying to impress what group? Very difficult for me to browse.
Previously I could go to Problems and Concerns and see many different subjects on one page, etc.
Now, it is so much harder to see twenty different recent subjects in the group. and I really hate the damn 'blue' color showing the subjects. Pomp and glitter.

"Your home page now features the most active topics, viewed photos, recommended reading and top contributing members. This will help keep you the most up to date on what’s happening in your community."
Help me ? For me it is very difficult. I haven't even dared to put anything in the 'Search' Box.

"Please let us know what you think about the new experience, your feedback is important to us."
OK, I just did.

I guess I will just have to relearn how to browse and find what I want. Takes so damn long to see previous replies and problems with the new format.
Oh, well, some programmer or web designer is probably happier.
Good luck.
I don't want to have to relearn how to use this site, but I guess I will if want to continue to do so.
Hopefully I will adapt, but I'm not sure it is worth it.
What happened to the Stickies? Used to be very plain and simple to see and navigate.
I just now tried to highlight the above sentence and 'move' it and couldn't.
Oh well, can't stand in the way of 'PROGRESS'.
I kind of like the mechanics' motto. "If it aint' broke, don't fix it. "

Buffalo4
We have regular updates rolling out and the sticky post contrast has been brought up and hopefully to be addressed by our creative team soon. Hang tight and keep asking questions when you have them. Will do our best to help.
-Philip

·
Registered
21 Posts
Design questions/observations on my Win10 laptop:
1) Lots of real estate devoted to forum banner, a thresad title, and two blue dots

2) Tons of white space everywhere -- every couple of decades it is back to the "clean" look but its fairly useless on a laptop/desktop landscape orientation.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Windows 10 Pro, Basilisk browser, on a laptop. Same characteristics on MS Edge.

·
Administrator
400 Posts
Windows 10 Pro, Basilisk browser, on a laptop. Same characteristics on MS Edge.
I am not familiar with that browser but it sounds like there might be some issues that are similar to the issues with IE and MS Edge.

Currently, the site is optimized for modern browsers that support display on devices ranging from desktop to tablet to mobile. Internet Explorer and IE Edge have some limitations across devices but we are working on finding ways to improve compatibility while maintaining as much of the function and design as possible. Are you able to try Google Chrome or Firefox as an alternative? I think you will find a much nicer experience on the site from one of the alternative browsers available.

- Cricket

·
Registered
11 Posts
My first post... I've been a lurker for a while. I like the look. I mostly read automotive forums using an iphone, so the seeing this on the PC with nice visuals is pretty sweet. Doesn't look like stoneage internet.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts