Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I'm thinking about buying a 2008 honda odyssey ex with leather, 28k miles for 21k(asking)

I'm a little perplexed that I can even get the ex with leather, as it seems like honda doesn't even offer it. Its definetly not the exl version as it has no moonroof or camera.

Anyway, I was wondering if anyone had any advise, or warnings that I should know about. The car seems clean and nice. Have people here had good experiences with the car? Is that a good price for oregon? is there anything I should know about?

Thanks so much, I find all the options and stuff a little overwhelming

·
Registered
288 Posts
The "L" in EX-L stands for leather. If it had no leather seating it would be an EX. Not all EX-L’s have all the bells and whistles when it comes to options. I own a 08 EX myself, which means a few more options than on a LX. I would search the whole Forum using the search tool, starting or incorporating "2008" in the search terms to see what specific issues have come up for that year. In terms of pricing, go to Edmunds, Kelly Blue Book, NADA Used Car Guides and True Book to see what the current pricing is for vehicles like yours. Enter the specific features and options and see what prices come up. Also compare with the prices other dealers are asking for similar vehicles.

·
Registered
14 Posts
is the leather heated? If it doesn't have the 2 switches in the lower part of the centre stack then the leather is probably not original to the car. I know my van had the seat replaced last year because the leather started to wear and rip so it was replaced with a seat from the junk-yard.

·
Registered
884 Posts
Do a google search for 2008 odyssey trim levels. You should get all your answers. That would be a great price here in Canada. Recently saw a 2008 coming off lease for 28000 Canadian with double that mileage

·
Registered
288 Posts
Sorry, I had a memory lapse. Clear Book is the website I wanted to mention for used car pricing. True Car is from the same company but is for new vehicles. Also remember to get a through independent mechanic inspection done on the vehicle!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the replies,

The trim level is where this gets tricky, yes it has leather, but it is not a exl, it doesn't have a moonroof, leather steering wheel, or the variable cylinder engine, or the back up camera. I think the leather chairs may be aftermarket? or more likely from a fleet sale to a rental company, here is the link parinimotors.com it seems like a square deal, but I don't know

Thanks so much for the advise, everyone here is so helpful

·
Registered
14 Posts
It doesn't look like my leather, it's too tight and the head-rests are wrinkly.. my leather is well worn but I never thought it was tight.... the appear to add leather to all of their cars..

·
Registered
288 Posts
Yeah, it does appear from the description and photos that it is an EX with leather added on from an aftermarket source. It seems like it would be a good deal with that mileage. However I suspect that it is out of warranty for the bumper to bumper one (36K mi or 3 yrs) due to age, but is probably still under the Powertrain Warranty (5ys or 60K mi), and that would cover any issues with the transmission. But DO get it checked out by an independent mechanic to make sure it isn't one of those "too good to be true" deals. Good luck!

·
Registered
42 Posts
One way you can find out what the van came with originally is to go to any Honda dealer and have them run the VIN#. This will tell them all the options and features that came with the van from the factory. It is possible that the dealer may have added the option after the fact, but usually there would be some type of service record if it was done at the dealer when it was first sold.

·
Registered
380 Posts
FWIW, a Toyota Sienna I looked at had the leather seat upgrade done by the dealer to help sell the car. The likely culprit is that it may have been a flood car and they cleaned it up (but still had weird, almost mold like stains on the carpet).

Check to see how long the car has been at the lot. In the case above, it had been there for 5-6 months and hadn't moved... A sure sign people were suspecting something was up with it.

·
Registered
1 Posts
It looks to me like the seats are honda leather seats but out of an 05-07. In 08-10 ex-l odysseys, the passenger seat is power while 05-07 it is not. The passenger seat pictured is not power. Also, they got rid of the side cup holder on the 2nd row seats in 08-10 and the 2nd row buckets pictured in this van have the flip-down cup holders on the side, suggesting they are from 05-07. You are right that 08-10 odysseys with leather also have a backup cam in the rear view mirror and leather steering wheel/shifter, which this van does not appear to have. Good luck!

·
Registered
380 Posts
Also for a point of reference i got an 07ex with 41k mile for 17200 although no leather seats.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts