Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We need to replace our 2006 Mazda 5 and want to get an Odyssey, we wanted one back in 2006 when we bought the Mazda but we couldn't afford the $30k+ for a new one and the 3-4 year old models were selling what a loaded up Mazda5 was after my discount.

All that said, we should have bought the Odyssey anyway.

Due to our budget we will likely buy something in the range of a 2007-2010, try to get a certified model obviously but not going to spend more than about $1k premium for it. I am a long time BMWCCA member and have owned 8 of them over the last 20 years so I know that maintenance is more important than just mileage so I look at everything when I buy.

Any advice on model years that may be better or worse in the 3rd gen would be greatly appreciated. We will sell/trade in the Mazda for cheap, its beat, but may be able to get enough to cover the up front cost of a lease, my wife is not big on leasing but if we can get a brand new one for the monthly payment of a 2-3 year old model she may be swayed.

Thanks!

·
Registered
8,861 Posts
I think you hit the sweet spot in 2007 to 2010. Honda introduced the beefed-up transmission in 2007. That was the weak spot of prior models, especially Gen 2.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Good luck to you on the purchase. It seems like there are a lot of 2007-2010 at reasonable prices right now.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys, this site has a wealth of information on it, I spent several hours using the search function and reading post about particular year models and issues. We have narrowed it down further to know which trim levels are appropriate and options to look for or avoid, this site rocks and I'll post pics and details after we purchase. It may be a month or so before we do anything but I'll be back!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts