Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all - glad I found this forum! I'm here trying to do all of my due diligence before buying my first Honda! My current car, and the one before it, were Dodge Grand Caravans. I'm excited to upgrade! I've spent some time deciding between the 2011 Odyssey and the 2011 Sienna. I'm pretty sold on the Odyssey at this point.

Now comes my LEAST favorite part...actually buying the car. If anyone has any dealer recommendations, I'd love to hear them. I've been going back and forth getting internet quotes, and already caught Gwinnett Place Honda playing some sneaky games. I searched on here, and saw that Milton Martin seems to be well thought of, so I will have to check them out. Bit of a hike for me...but it's worth it for a good deal.

I plan on buying an EX-L with RES.

Looking forward to reading lots more on this forum!

·
Registered
747 Posts
You are on the right track going with internet quotes. Make sure you are getting OTD price (they will need to know your county to consider sales tax). Staying with OTD price keeps the doc fees and "opitions" from being snuck in there. We bought from Honda Carland in October. We got one of the last '10's and got a decent deal as the '11's were just coming out. Also use Edmunds, KBB, NADA, ect. to gauge the deal, but we found that we got a bit better than Edmunds. Good luck!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, I picked up my new 2011 Odyssey EX-L with RES today!!! Crystal Black Pearl with Gray interior. Love it! I ended up working with Hennesey Honda. I got a decent deal on both the car and my trade, so I'm very pleased. I also got the 8yr/120k Honda Care extended warranty. All of those electronic bells and whistles on this car make me nervous, so I wanted to make sure they were all covered!!

·
Registered
747 Posts
How much did you pay for the 8 yr/120K warranty? Is it hondacare. If you didn't browse the warranty forum here you might have paid too much. I bought hondacare from Bob Leab for about $1300.

If you didn't get Hondacare you might want to cancel and get a refund and change.

Congrats on the purchase.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
How much did you pay for the 8 yr/120K warranty? Is it hondacare. If you didn't browse the warranty forum here you might have paid too much. I bought hondacare from Bob Leab for about $1300.

If you didn't get Hondacare you might want to cancel and get a refund and change.

Congrats on the purchase.

Actually, that's where this forum REALLY paid off for me. I went in to the dealer with a written quote in hand from Bob Leab for 1270. The dealer showed me that his cost for the Honda Care is 1295. So he wasn't sure how Bob sells it so low. I didn't really have any reason to doubt him, and I thought that for the extra $25, it was easier for me not to have to fill out any more paperwork with Bob, so I went ahead and rolled it into my purchase at $1295. I'm so glad I researched ahead of time!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts