Honda Odyssey Forum banner

New Honda owner: 2013 Odyssey

10K views 98 replies 16 participants last post by  93Bandit 
It's not just a gasket failure, Honda says the groove that it sits in on the upper section could also be to blame, that said you get a decent amount of part for $200. Shop around, look for part number 15810-R70-A04. I sell at least 1 or 2 a week and supply a copy of the bulletin to those who want one.
Honda speaks the truth.
The problem lies in the matting surfaces.
200 is a lot cheaper than a new denso alternator if you non oem gasket fails and soaks your alternator in oil.
Or worse, during a cross country road trip.

I've put about 1,000 miles on the Odyssey so far since we've owned it and I noticed the transmission shifts are firmer than what I'm used to in older 4spd GM products. My GM vehicles are old and high miles so not a fair comparison, but I noticed the up shifts and down shifts are quiet apparent. It's not slamming or bumping, but the shifts do seem somewhat firm, kind of like a dual clutch auto trans I suppose, or maybe similar to the shift feel when manually shifting an automatic. I'm not sure if this is normal on these vans or if I should do the 3x trans drain and fill procedure. The fluid is nice and red, does not smell burnt and it is at the appropriate level.
Honda automatics are almost automatic standard transmissions.
Give it a Google.

I did a 1x transmission fluid change and added 8oz of lubeguard prior to a short 250 mile road trip yesterday. No change in shudder but I imagine it will take some time? Can anyone with experience say how long it took lubegaurd to make a difference?
It gets better every day.
About 5-7 days for full benefits.

It soaks into the clutch packs...that takes a few days