Honda Odyssey Forum banner

New Honda owner: 2013 Odyssey

10K views 98 replies 16 participants last post by  93Bandit 
Thanks for the info. Man, $200 is steep just for essentially a gasket failure... Why couldn't you use purchase an aftermarket gasket? I see rockauto sells one for $5. More Information for ULTRA-POWER B33566 I understand OEM parts are usually the best and this is generally true for most makes/models, but in this case I think trying the aftermarket gasket for only $5 is worth the test, especially if it'll save you $195.
It's not just a gasket failure, Honda says the groove that it sits in on the upper section could also be to blame, that said you get a decent amount of part for $200. Shop around, look for part number 15810-R70-A04. I sell at least 1 or 2 a week and supply a copy of the bulletin to those who want one.

I have no idea if the plugs have ever been replaced, so I'll add that to the list. The timing belt replacement was the first time it's been replaced.

What's unique about the Honda PS system that constant fluid changes will make a difference? I'll add this to the list, but I'm a bit skeptical.

OK that makes sense, thanks for the info. Do you have a link to where you sell the part?
The exact formula of Honda PS fluid is a mystery even to me, all I know is you must use it in Hondas.

I don't sell them online through my employer, you will want to try BernardiParts.com or (looks sketch but is legit, I swear) OEMHondaPartsOnline.com